Book for hospital?

(4 Posts)
laura20 Wed 10-Jul-13 09:09:31

I'm currently 6 months pregnant and will pack my hospital bag soon( I know it's a bit early but I'm too excited) Does anyone know a really good book I could buy to take with me. I'm not a real big reader but would like something to occupy my mind as I've read it can be difficult to sleep even when you are exhausted after birth.

The last book I read was 50 shades of grey lol. Doesn't need to be similar just a really good read!

DuchessofMalfi Wed 10-Jul-13 10:14:13

First of all, congratulations. I packed my bag early the first time too, and DD was two weeks' late grin

To be very honest I took a book with me both times and never even opened it. I managed to flick through a few pages of a magazine but couldn't concentrate in hospital. It's noisy on the ward - lots of babies crying, constant interruptions even during the night. And I seemed to be up and down changing nappies, and feeding every few minutes (or so it seemed grin) And no you probably won't get to sleep much. I didn't sleep until I got home, completely exhausted.

laura20 Wed 10-Jul-13 10:58:26

Thanks for advise, I may just take some magazines in then no doubt they will be baby magazines lol.

valiumredhead Wed 10-Jul-13 13:38:23

Magazines would be better I think, very hard to concentrate after giving birth ime!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now