Free kindle recommendations pretty please

(10 Posts)
MerlinFromCamelot Sat 29-Jun-13 22:25:11

Thanks, have downloaded both gift of rain and blink of an eye. Desperate to stock up kindle to keep me going during long breaks at jury service.

Thanks again!

The Gift Of Rain - one of my all time favourite books, and only 99p at the moment.

SarahAndFuck Sat 29-Jun-13 10:25:56

I have just this second bought Blink of an Eye by Cath Staincliffe on Kindle for 99p today only.

Following a family celebration barbecue a woman's reckless driving causes a fatal accident that kills a 7 year old girl, leaves her fighting for her own life and her boyfriend injured. Her sister claims she was drunk-driving and the following nightmare sees three families destroyed.

So not a cheerful book, but I thought it sounded worth a look.

PipkinsPal Thu 27-Jun-13 14:56:27

These were free when I downloaded them and would recommend. Downtime, Tamara Allen. Name and Number, John Hoskison. Rope Enough, Oliver Tidy. Letters to My Wife, Terry Dean.

TabithaMcKitten Tue 25-Jun-13 22:16:28

Cheapies I have enjoyed recently are:

The Magpies

Who is Sarah Lawson

Fractured

None of them will win any great literary awards, but all were entertaining!

moonblues Tue 25-Jun-13 20:42:02

I enjoyed 'A cold day for murder' by Dana Stabenow and 'The ambassador's wife' by Jake Needham, which were both free when I got them. Thought both were good for freebies.

luckyclucky Tue 25-Jun-13 20:40:29

Not sure how much they are now but a few weeks ago I got 'Life of Pi' & '100 year old man who climbed out window......' for 20p & they were both good.

MerlinFromCamelot Tue 25-Jun-13 20:31:36

Thanks - Read the classics, not one for re-reading but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

DuchessofMalfi Tue 25-Jun-13 17:53:39

Loads of the classics are free on kindle. How about some Austen, Bronte, Dickens, Hardy, etc?

MerlinFromCamelot Tue 25-Jun-13 14:59:43

Just finished Never Buried by Edie Clair. Not bad for a freebie but does not inspire me to read more from this author at the moment. Grateful for any recommendations ideally crime, triller etc genre.

Have been Spending a small fortune on kindle books lately. Would be great to find something in the free or under £2.99 category.

Thank you!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now