Anyone Else Love Norah Lofts?

(5 Posts)
LaQueen Thu 23-May-13 18:04:25

I vaguely recall reading a few of her books back in the 1980s, and I actually credit her with turning me onto historical fiction.

Last weekend I downloaded a few of her books onto my Kindle. And, OMG...I love her. I haven't put my Kindle down since. 4 books in 6 days.

Can't really describe why she's so good - but I love how she writes. The period detail, the pathos, the slightly sinister overtones, the hints of the supernatural.

Love her smile

Have just been on Abe.com and bought an absolute shed-load of her books, all for about £27...with free postage smile

IEatCakeInBed Thu 23-May-13 18:12:08

She's my favourite historical novelist, the House trilogy is just fabulous. Hmmm, I need to get reading again...

Luckily my mum has lots of old copies which I've borrowed, and a copy of years ago I bought a boxset from the Book People. But I will check out Abe.com!

Her house was turned into a B&B for a bit I think (not sure if it still is)...

IEatCakeInBed Thu 23-May-13 18:15:18

Oh and I meant Suffolk trilogy, not House trilogy! confused

LaQueen Thu 23-May-13 18:19:20

Oh, I would love to stay in her house smile

If you go on Abe, click on their Free Postage, then type in Norah Lofts as your author. Bargin smile

I've just finished reading Jassy, and I actually cried at the end blush

GeorginaWorsley Sun 26-May-13 21:07:45

OOh loved Gad's Hall and its sequal Haunted House

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now