Ok, new challenge - google's being useless

(11 Posts)
MrsWembley Mon 22-Apr-13 15:09:05

...but I know you lot will manage it.

Set in England in a vague time period, possibly post-war (I read it about 30 years ago), it's about a baby, raised by badgers and other forest creatures, who eventually, with a girl he 'rescues' from a normal, middle-class life, goes on a quest to save all wildlife.

It involves lots of walking across the country along ley-lines and lots of other environmental stuff that wouldn't be out of place now. Man=bad, wildlife=good sort of thing.

MrsWembley Mon 22-Apr-13 19:40:42

Seriously, nothing?

sad

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 22-Apr-13 19:41:15
NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 22-Apr-13 19:41:32

Looks good I might order it for DD!

MrsWembley Tue 23-Apr-13 19:28:39

Ah, no, google led me to that one, but unfortunately not. More of a fantasy and set in Britain.

BikeRunSki Tue 23-Apr-13 19:35:14

no time to do it for you right now, but you need to look at Abe Books website, it's a website with a search function for books. You put in all sorts of keywords from the plot, characters etc and it churns out all sorts of possible published books from that.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 23-Apr-13 20:09:26

You're telling me there are TWO books about a child raised by badgers!?

MrsWembley Wed 24-Apr-13 13:36:13

Yes, two books!shock

Honestly, from what I've read about the other one, it sounds positively realistic compared to the one I'm thinking of...

MrsWembley Thu 25-Apr-13 14:00:56

Yes yes yes yes yes! Thank-you, Bike, that web site found it!

The Quest For The Faradawn!

Oh my word - I read that when I was younger!

MrsWembley Thu 25-Apr-13 19:21:47

I just remember loving it, but I'm a soppy bugger at the best of times. I keep thinking I'd like my DCs to read it, when they're old enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now