Sookie Stackhouse / Stephanie Plum fan needing something new to read

(9 Posts)
EasyFromNowOn Thu 28-Mar-13 10:57:40

I second The Dresden Files, they are really good, but also look at Darynda Jones' Charley Davidson series. It's got a lot of the Plum-type humour, but with the Sookie Stackhouse supernatural elements too.

colditz Wed 27-Mar-13 17:30:16

You need the Harry Dresden books. They really are good.

BlueSkySunnyDay Wed 27-Mar-13 17:23:36

If you want something racier the JR Ward - Black Dagger Brotherhood ones are good. I resisted them as I couldnt get past the vampires names initially but about 2 chapters in I was hooked.

You would need to start at the beginning with Dark Lover. As the series moves on they move away from being vampire romance which personally I think has improved the books.

Hae you read the two so far with Diesel and the monkey in them? They're sort of spin offs of SP and are called "Wicked Business" and "Wicked Appetite" - they are just as good as the SP series grin
Try PS Power if you have a Kindle too - some of hers (his?) are more aimed at teens and YA but some are more grown up - I like them all grin

SparkyDudess Wed 20-Mar-13 15:08:58

Another vote for Kim Harrison hollows series - very similar in tone to Stephanie plum, but tons better

gokhuvegeta Wed 20-Mar-13 15:07:38

I'm an ML Briers fan- The darkness in the shadows 1 and 2 are very good- I liked 2 more than 1 because there was more action. Also F.E Heaton's Prophecy; child of light series is quite good.

TattooEnvy Tue 19-Mar-13 17:46:17

I was just about to suggest Patricia Briggs too, the Mercy Thompson series especially.

Also, Kim Harrisson books, the Rachel Morgan series are good too smile

gemma4d Mon 18-Mar-13 22:13:43

no idea if it's your thing, but I love Patricia Briggs - the Mercy Thompson series or the Alpha & Omega series.

Just never try to read one of her books at the same time as one of the Sookie Stackhouse books - both have vampires and you will get the characters all twisted up in your head! <I'm an idiot>

MrsOakenshield Mon 18-Mar-13 22:08:41

any suggestions? Just started a new job and I'm too tired for anything too worthy, but need something for the train. I've been re-reading these 2 and loving them, would love something similar? I'm about to go to bed but if anyone can recommend something I would be very grateful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now