Angel Maker

(6 Posts)
golemmings Sat 23-Mar-13 20:41:16

I bought it because I accidentally found the author's blog and enjoyed reading that.
I like her writing style. I found angelmakers to be really accessible too. Not quite unputdownable; it was a while ago that I read it and don't remember too much about it but I enjoyed it. I didn't find it comfortable though. It's not a book that became a friend.

tumbletumble Sat 23-Mar-13 20:13:52

I'm reading Angelmaker at the moment - am about halfway through. Not the type of book I'd usually read but I'm really enjoying it.

Joekate Fri 22-Mar-13 15:51:17

I've just finnished Angel Maker and loved it. Hadn't read anything of Harkaway's before, and to be honest went on the book cover and the blurb (choose my books like I choose my wine smile). I am now 72% (evidently) through The Gone Away World and also loving it although it's a bit to get my head round in parts. Very funny, just my sort of humour. Has he written anything else - I'll have withdraw symptoms when finnished.

StuffezLaBouche Sat 16-Mar-13 00:32:24

Thanks crescent! I have bloody tuition until half eleven tomorrow but then will get stuck in to the sample and report back...

crescentmoon Sat 16-Mar-13 00:07:51

Well I really enjoyed harkaway's 'gone away world' and have read good things about angel maker. Will watch this thread with interest!

StuffezLaBouche Fri 15-Mar-13 23:52:05

I was talking on FB about books that 'get' you and someone I respect recommended this book. I've downloaded the sample onto the kindle app of my ipad and will tackle it tomorrow when sober.
Has anyone read it? I usually go for trash, easy to read crime, e.g. Harlan coben, nicci French, richard montanari, etc. but these don't stretch me in any way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now