A thread about reading...when do you find the time?

(28 Posts)
CandyLoo Sun 04-Nov-12 20:21:01

I started a thread in 'Chat' yesterday about when you find the time to read. I love reading but struggle to find the time.
I'm loving the answers so far, wondered if anyone who hasn't commented yet, would like to?

MoochaMee Tue 20-Nov-12 08:09:54

Find I read more during the day since having my Kindle, had it around four years, and fancy the new one wink Husband not taken hints shock yet.
I leave it in the kitchen when cooking and read the odd page while waiting for something to finish etc

On sofa or in bed I often have a hardback on the go, still love having a bookshelf ... and always have my Kindle or a pb in my bag
smile

About half past midnight for me. For 15 minutes or so before getting ready for bed. Then I get told off for going to bed too late. I usually get through several books on holiday too, though not as many now that the DCs are too old for naps but still too small to entertain themselves for long.

But I would get a little bit more time if I didn't get distracted by things on the PC too easily. And if DH didn't keep buying enormous Sunday papers every week which I then feel I ought to have a look through before they get recycled!

I've now started carrying my book everywhere with me, I snatch a few mins when waiting for my daughter to come out of school. Hoping to get a kindle soon then it will fit in my handbag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now