Patricia Cornwell

(4 Posts)
buggyRunner Sun 04-Nov-12 12:47:27

I've just discovered her - first book read was the last of the Dr Kay books.
I was gutted so I'm trying to read the rest- but not in order as I am at the mercy of the libruary!
Which is the best of her books?
I love the characters!

DuchessofMalfi Tue 06-Nov-12 09:57:54

buggy - more people tend to post on the Adult Fiction forum, so you might get more replies there if you re-post?

I have to say I wasn't that enthralled with Kay Scarpetta as a character - I've read a few of them, but didn't bother to continue with the series.

Do you like crime novels? I'm reading a good one at the moment - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Nearly finished (the library wants it back this week, so I've got to hurry it up grin).

notcitrus Tue 06-Nov-12 10:07:01

The first half dozen are very good. Then they got increasingly bonkers - Point of Origin onwards are dreadful, but then about 2 ago she ends up in New York and there's a line when she basically says to Marino, let's pretend all the events of the last few books never happened - very good idea - and they got quite good again.

MissLol78 Wed 07-Nov-12 10:31:06

I agree her early books were great, read a few of the more recent ones and didnt like them much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now