Play, fun, food, things to be aware of?

(4 Posts)
allthingswillpass Fri 12-Jul-13 09:43:39

IME of working with children for more years than I care to remember, boys and girls do play very differently.
You can put everything down to their early experiences/ being adopted and it might be because of that ..... but it might not be either.......
Take it as you find it, there are no 2 children the same.

Thanks Cedar that is great to know.

cedar12 Thu 11-Jul-13 14:53:07

The main difference i have noticed between birth dd and adopted ds is ds likes to play a lot more active games. Thank goodness we have a trampoline !
He doesn't like craft stuff much would much rather play hide and seek or go out on his scooter. Maybe that's a boy girl thing though. Although dd has always been very active to.

How does being creative in play differ, if it does, for a child who has joined your family y adoption?

I love this image of a teddy bear picnic tea for teddies and I wonder how you can be aware when making games etc that some things might have other connotations for children who have had a harder start in life. E.g. could there be food issues and if so how do you tackle those?

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now