Intros tomorrow!

(34 Posts)
allthingswillpass Sun 07-Jul-13 21:21:55

After just shy of 3 years from application, we meet our little man in the morning!
We have moved to the other end of the country for Intros and in 9 days we take him home as our little one.
Excited? Not sure that's the best description - swinging one way then the other, feel hormonal, just want it to all turn out ok.
How are you sparklebum?

Sparklebum Sun 14-Jul-13 22:53:01

Glad things are going so well with you. Its moving day for us tomorrow - our little lady is amazing but.I think we've all found the last 5 days a bit overwhelming at times.

Have fun on moving day smile

allthingswillpass Mon 15-Jul-13 08:25:48

Best of luck Sparkle!
I hope today is good for you, let me know how it goes!
What part of the country are you in? Pm me if you like. Xxxx

Happiestinwellybobs Mon 15-Jul-13 08:53:41

Good luck today Sparkle - an emotional day ahead I suspect, and then the real fun begins smile

Sparklebum Mon 15-Jul-13 09:50:32

I feel so overwhelmed - hoping that's normal sad .

Happiestinwellybobs Mon 15-Jul-13 13:13:42

Completely and utterly normal. The intros week for us was just exhausting, at times we could barely speak when we got home. The day we brought her home was just overwhelming. The FCs were amazing and had told us ahead how they wanted us to leave, which meant no awkwardness, but 100 metres down the road we both burst into tears and had to pull over.

And then the "being a parent" starts. DD came with "instructions" grin which helped us with a routine (she was 10 months) but as for the rest of it, we'll we just got through those first few weeks. Someone on here once said that they felt like they were minding someone else's child for the first few weeks and that really resonated with me.

Don't try and be perfect, take time for yourself when you can, and never ever be afraid to ask for help. There are some very wise people on here.

Moomoomie Mon 15-Jul-13 21:06:05

I am so pleased intros have gone well. I understand the overwhelming tiredness from everyone.
Hope tomorrow goes well.
Have just realised that my older two dd's actually moved in forever, 12 years ago tomorrow. So snap!
Look after yourselves, thank you for updating.

Middlesexmummy Mon 15-Jul-13 21:22:42

Hi congratulations to all of you about to embark on the journey . Hope NOT to see you on the sleep board now !! Lol

Happiestinwellybobs Tue 16-Jul-13 09:09:02

Hey Sparklebum. Hope everything is going okay smile

Sparklebum Tue 16-Jul-13 13:45:47

Good luck today allthings.

much better this end today. A reasonably uneventful night. Totally shattered though smile . cuddles this morning made up for the tiredness smile .

She's letting me comfort her when upset so that's good. I truly believe that she knew what was happening yesterday even although she's just two. Felt so sad for her yesterday sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now