Surrogates

(5 Posts)
OceanSeas Sun 16-Jun-13 13:20:56

Agree cots /SUK website for an explanation of the process, what is involved, what happens etc, and don't need to be a member to get the info. If you are doing it independantly won't need to sign up, although you might like the support and formality of an agency. Although if you do it without an agency there are groups around for support.

As someone who is looking for a match, our friends offered when they didnt really understand the process, and we knew they wouldn't be able to do it and we explained what it would entail, but agree you need to decide whether to do it for your friends or not first before discussing it as you really don't want to get their hopes up and it will change teh dynamics of your friendship

rocketupbum Sun 09-Jun-13 19:44:29

Hi I am currently pregnant as a surrogate for our friends. We used a donated egg and so the process was very similar to ivf.
It took us quite a long time to get the this stage, various health checks/counselling and legal stuff to work through. I am guessing if you did straight this would make things easier/quicker.
I think it is very wise to read as much as you can, websites/forums (cots and surrogacyuk for example) before you talk to your friends and as you say get their hopes up. I also had a couple of cycles to check how my hormones felt about it all too!!
I have found the process pretty easy and am quite excited about the next few months. It feels totally different to when I carried my own DC and the feeling of excitement for our friends and their family to be is overwhelming.
Good luck, it's a pretty cool thing to do I think smile

QOD Tue 28-May-13 21:25:17

I joined COTS for the support and advice, got sent info on how to go thru the actual conception and registering. What court forms were needed and when etc

You thinking of straight surrogacy? Where you actually conceive (relatively) normally?

I have a 14 yr old dd from straight surrogacy via a friend who offered.

There was one a while back, use the search box to see what comes up, there may also be one in Conception area. Good luck.

Wiggy29 Fri 24-May-13 21:50:47

Is there a thread on here or could anybody advise websites for me? Are friends are unable to have children, we're considering being surrogates for them but I want to look into it before we talk to them about it and possibly get their hopes up. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now