Interesting article in today's Daily Mail

(13 Posts)
Darlingclementine Sat 09-Mar-13 22:08:04

Thank you MrsBW!

He's an absolutely beautiful baby.

Agree with you and Italian that the photos could be very bittersweet for him to look at

MrsBW Sat 09-Mar-13 20:34:26

I know what you meant Darlingclementine!

I think she was incredibly brave. I, like Italiangreyhound, wonder what he will make of it when he's older.

I wish them both well.

Beautiful baby, isn't/wasn't he? smile

Darlingclementine Sat 09-Mar-13 18:40:40

Oh God - sorry. I don't mean that the adoption is sad, per se. Just that I think Callie did a very brave and selfless thing. I'm very sorry if my last post was tactless or offended <shuffles off>

Darlingclementine Sat 09-Mar-13 18:25:32

I can't even read the comments. I'm in floods of tears. Have a little 14 week old DS and my admiration for Callie is boundless. God bless them both

Until I had DS, I hypothetically used to think "how sad", when I read articles like this - but now my heart is breaking for her. What a brave girl.

Anyone who thinks differently and actually takes the time to post cruel thing on the DM website is simply vile

Meringue33 Sat 09-Mar-13 18:13:03

Think in the US the open adoption option is v encouraging - not sure if that exists here?

I think it is very poingiant and beautiful. I wonder what the boy will make of it when he is older. Part of me thinks he will love it and part of me thinks not! If she is in his life in some way shape or form positively I think he will understand. I still think it is very sad though.

MrsBW Tue 26-Feb-13 22:36:41

Haha smile

unusednickname Tue 26-Feb-13 18:43:41

Hmmmm. Mostly I'm relying on my experiences when I've read it. I fear you may be in the minority... Always good to have my prejudices challenged though (which in not a phrase you'll find in that paper wink)

MrsBW Tue 26-Feb-13 13:50:42

Don't believe everything you hear about Daily Mail readers unusednickname. We're not all that bad wink

unusednickname Tue 26-Feb-13 13:48:48

It's the Daily Mail. I'm slightly amazed there appear to be a couple of people on there who DO have a bit of compassion...

ATJabberwocky Tue 26-Feb-13 10:53:25

Are you amazed at the comments stating she should have been using birth control and have not been pregnant in the first place?

This is the part that shocked me, how callous some of the commenters were, i genuinely cannot tell if they are trolls or just that obnoxious.

I fully support Callie Mitchell decision, and she has done the best to give her son a good life, this selflessness should be commented not berated.

Kerrigan90 Tue 26-Feb-13 10:51:44

Wow right enough MrsBW. Some nasty people have no compassion at all.

MrsBW Tue 26-Feb-13 10:04:49

Here

Some of the comments... just wow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now