Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Selling "used" clothes online - fetish type items

(177 Posts)
IsItSoBad Fri 11-Jul-14 22:39:45

Yes I've name changed, no I'm not a troll and I have posted in _Chat and not AIBU, so I'm not looking for my arse to be flamed to high hell and back grin Oh and it's Friday night so you know, in the spirit of BumSex Fridays n all....

Do not want your own personal experiences (not that anybody other than me would be weird enough to share)

So, there is a niche market for used underwear.

I'm struggling for extra money. I can wash my used underwear or sell it to unhinged people on the internet.

If successful (ie had a decent side-income) coming in, I would declare it for tax purposes - although I may use the term "second hand clothes" should anybody press for an explanation.

So, yes it's yucky - I get that. Is it completely mad of me to think it would be a good idea to persue this as an easy income?

<puts flame retardant pants on>

£5.99 and worn once

wink

AnyoneForTennis Fri 11-Jul-14 22:41:41

Lol

Where will you flog them? eBay?

Do you have a DP...... What does he think?

deakymom Fri 11-Jul-14 22:43:28

tell me more?

iamdivergent Fri 11-Jul-14 22:43:53

I've seen these seedy works before when searching in ebay. tights are popular too grin

AnyoneForTennis Fri 11-Jul-14 22:44:15

And shoes!!

tinkywinkyshandbag Fri 11-Jul-14 22:44:51

Me too, I'd be totally up for selling my stinky old size 7 shoes and unwashed size 16 knickers if I really thought anyone would buy them. would they???

Paloma12 Fri 11-Jul-14 22:45:58

I've genuinely wondered how much money you could make! Apparently people but worn bras!!! Ha ha ha!

MotleyCroup Fri 11-Jul-14 22:46:35

But how would you know that these 'seedy' types were buying said items and not an innocent buyer? confused

Is there a code?

iamdivergent Fri 11-Jul-14 22:46:46

I had to bleach my eyes once at a shoe one...There was erm. ..goo on the shoes shock confused

MotleyCroup Fri 11-Jul-14 22:47:07

Is it just a Mumsnet myth?

IsItSoBad Fri 11-Jul-14 22:47:21

erm there are certain sites that buy and sell Tennis

Shoes you say??? <stares at mountain of worn shoes, long since forgotten as I have no social life>

No DP, am single parent - again, would declare income to Tax Credits etc (with tagline of "second hand goods, self employed" nudge nudge wink wink)

Oh and yes, wine has been involved in me asking this question grin

iamdivergent Fri 11-Jul-14 22:47:31

The adverts are not innocent, it's fairly obvious

IsItSoBad Fri 11-Jul-14 22:48:49

Motley, on ebay they are referred to as 'Private' and in the seller's spiel it says "the items pictured are my own and are just shown for reference" and gems such as "the items bought will be delivered, washed and clean and definatley, definately, not dirty or smelly" etc etc <vom>

IsItSoBad Fri 11-Jul-14 22:49:41

ffs, wine - definitely.

SittingNextToSanta Fri 11-Jul-14 22:51:53

Oh I have a load of old Shoes I probably won't wear again and I haven't got a small foot. Do people seriously buy old shoes, tights, knickers and slippers?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 11-Jul-14 22:52:40

I've been contacted twice on here about settling old birkenstocks after posting on shoe threads in style and beauty.

IsItSoBad Fri 11-Jul-14 22:52:55

shit, look what I've done...I've gone and created bloody competitors.

Bugger off all of you, it was my idea first.

MotleyCroup Fri 11-Jul-14 22:53:18

Eww!

IsItSoBad Fri 11-Jul-14 22:53:24

<goes to S&B and mentions my shoe collection>

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 11-Jul-14 22:54:10

Selling I mean not settling. I think it's sleazy, gives me the creeps tbh.

MotleyCroup Fri 11-Jul-14 22:54:18

Slippers to, that made me chuckle. Damn just washed mine!

MotleyCroup Fri 11-Jul-14 22:54:32

Too!

careeristbitchnigel Fri 11-Jul-14 22:54:58

Japan has a thriving market in used panties. When we were in Tokyo we saw more than one worn-knicker vending machine

Dita von Teese sells her worn stockings. If it's good enough for Dita.....

SittingNextToSanta Fri 11-Jul-14 22:55:35

I am not competing with you, you are selling your worn old knickers Woman! I am thinking of selling some old shoes!

LoveBeingInTheSun Fri 11-Jul-14 22:56:11

Op is this what you mean ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now