Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Make DP sleep in the bloody garden?

(11 Posts)
LJHH Sun 29-Jun-14 00:22:22

DP has gone out. Fine.
DP has left door keys here. Bad.
I will have to stay up to let him in. Bad.
DP promised he wouldn't get last train and wouldn't be home too late. He is on last train.

I have got to stay awake for another 45 mins to let him in. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and tired and hormonal so obviously this is the end of the world confused

Fanjango Sun 29-Jun-14 00:27:17

Is there a safe place you can put the keys so he can let himself in? Or a shed grin

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 29-Jun-14 00:33:01

if he has a mobile text him with where you left the key and go to bed.

last time i went out i forgot my key.....he just put it somewhere in the garden and text me with its whereabouts.

i was very merry and my friend found it for me!

dont wait up. let him know where the key is and go to bed!

LJHH Sun 29-Jun-14 00:35:59

He did suggest hiding the keys under the flower pot but I would be so worried that somebody would break in that I wouldn't sleep anyway. Oh it's a vicious circle! Now I get to have a drunken conversation with him when he rolls in.... yay hmm

Sadly no shed, I think I might pop myself to homebase tomorrow, find him a comfy looking one smile

LJHH Sun 29-Jun-14 00:37:49

His battery has died, so that's super helpful. Useless man...

gointothewoods Sun 29-Jun-14 00:41:40

Put the fucking keys under the flower pot woman. He will be home in what - 30 minutes? Just go to sleep, I know what it's like to be pregnant and need your sleep.

LJHH Sun 29-Jun-14 00:44:24

You talk sense @gointothewoods
I'm doing it now. Sod it!

I'll be up in an hour for a wee/more gaviscon anyway

BlackeyedSusan Sun 29-Jun-14 00:53:13

do you not have adoor bell?

When my best friend was pregnant her husband went out one night (RAF..long officer's night do...very boozy) so she texted him to say the keys were in no 31. Which was the name of the children's play house in the garden....

Needless to say, he barged into the actual no 31 in his street and fell asleep on their sofa..they were very surprised to find him there in the morning grin

You4coffee Sun 29-Jun-14 01:59:13

I suspect my dp is asleep on the toilet...I'm debating whether to go fetch him or not. I probably should especially as my sister is staying.

LJHH Sun 29-Jun-14 08:22:14

@medusa
Haha, I love this! That made me laugh far too much grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now