Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

do you have a favourite child be honest and why?

(102 Posts)
EvilGallstones Sat 28-Jun-14 23:57:25

Most people I see in rl its easy to identity which child is their fav

Sometimes its the smartest child
sometimes the most outgoing n fun child

Alot of times its the easiest child

I was not the favourite child but it doesnt really bother me
ican see why I wasn't the fav as I wasnt that easy

EatShitDerek Sun 29-Jun-14 00:01:00

I do. He isn't even mine, he's my brother grin My son is second.

I was not the favourite but its ok. I'm still the better looking sibling

PrueDent Sun 29-Jun-14 00:01:55

I wasn't the favourite either.

I honestly don't think I have a favourite.

sittingatmydeskagain Sun 29-Jun-14 00:05:56

I have one who is me completely and I understand every breath of. I adore him, because I feel every feeling he has.

My other son is the opposite of me, but also everything I wanted to be. Honestly, I feel like I watch him from a distance, but wish I was him.

No favourite, just very different bond.

FatherSpodoKomodo Sun 29-Jun-14 00:05:59

I don't have a favourite. It depends on who is behaving best at a given moment!

I don't think my parents had a favourite either.

Stratter5 Sun 29-Jun-14 00:07:03

No, absolutely not, I love both DDs so much it hurts. My sister is the Golden Child of the family, and I was very much on the outside looking in, so to speak. I couldn't bear it if one of mine felt the way I did growing up.

BlackeyedSusan Sun 29-Jun-14 00:08:55

I was the favourite....

I am an only child grin

dd thinks ds is the favourite. poor love.

DramaAlpaca Sun 29-Jun-14 00:13:05

I don't have a favourite out of my three boys, but a different bond with each of them.

They are in their late teens & early twenties now, and there have been times when I've been closer to one of them than the others, but I've never had a favourite.

All of them think they are my favourite though, so I must be doing something right grin

I love them all equally but for different reasons
Dd is beautiful and smart
ds1 is out going and a blast
ds2 handsome and kind hearted
dd2 is mega cute and hilarious.

I think it is amazing how you can all be brought up the same, yet have totally different personalities.

Thisvehicleisreversing Sun 29-Jun-14 00:14:11

I hate to admit it but I think DS2 is my favourite blush

He's just so easy to love. Everyone who meets him adores him. He's funny, kind, clever and always happy and smiling. He's very easy to talk to. He brightens up the world.

DS1 is amazing too but I find it harder to relate to him. He is shy and quiet and can be quite sullen at times. I adore him of course, but I wish I could relate to him as easily as DS2. I realise this is my problem, nothing to do with him, he's perfect, it's me who isn't.

RhondaJean Sun 29-Jun-14 00:14:57

I definitely have a favourite, it is whichever child is annoying me less at that precise moment.

Teeb Sun 29-Jun-14 00:17:52

You always notice in these threads so few people will confess to having a favourite child, but most people will say that their parents did have a favourite.

Maybe it's simply a matter of perception, or a childs instinct picks up on a lot more than we'd hope to give off.

williaminajetfighter Sun 29-Jun-14 00:20:43

Yes dd1 is my favourite but that's because I've known and loved her for 8 years. Dd2 is 7 months and, thus, a little stranger at the moment!!

AllDirections Sun 29-Jun-14 00:21:47

I don't have a favourite. I love them equally but I like them all differently at different times. DD2 is the easiest so you would think that I'd love her the most but it just doesn't work like that!

lornemalvo Sun 29-Jun-14 00:24:43

I didn't notice my parents having a favourite.

I couldn't pick a favourite child. I love them both differently but not one more than the other. They are both fantastic and very lovable.

Stratter5 Sun 29-Jun-14 00:29:11

Teeb, mine often comment on how they both feel so loved and secure. They know what my parents are like, and they know that I would never favour one above the other. Hell, I used to do spreadsheets to make sure I spent exactly the same on each one at Christmas, and they used to have the same number of presents too. They know I'm paranoid about it, and they tease me.

I think if you've grown up knowing you're not the favourite, you tend to be anxious not to repeat that.

deXavia Sun 29-Jun-14 00:33:24

My sister often lurches from crisis to crisis and so I always figured she was my mother's favourite because she spent so much more time with my sister or helping her.
Funnily enough my son is turning out like my sister, always needs a bit more help, an extra cuddle or quiet chat. I worry about making sure DD doesn't end up feeling I love him more.
But being in the situation makes me realise how equally my own mother's love is - just different.

Jinsei Sun 29-Jun-14 00:33:35

I have a favourite - because I have an only! smile

I was my dad's favourite. He tried not to show it, but it was pretty obvious. I don't know if my mum had a favourite. If she did, she didn't really show it.

Fukeit Sun 29-Jun-14 00:35:18

At the moment dd is my favourite because ds is awake and kicking me.

During daylight hours I don't have a favourite. They are both amazing and drive me potty in equal amounts.

I don't think my parents had favourites. Although my mum lights up when my brother is there, but she sees him less so that's understandable. My Dad and I understood each other more.

zzzzz Sun 29-Jun-14 00:38:38

No shock. Honestly it would be totally impossible to love any of them more than I do.

iK8 Sun 29-Jun-14 00:45:33

Yes. But I'm not saying why or which and I hope in time it becomes more equal. I would never let my children know and ideally each would feel they are the favourite.

I grew up the second child to a golden child. It was shit which is why I'm hyper aware of my own issues with regards to favourites. So long as it stays my problem and does not become a problem for my dc I'm doing a good job.

gointothewoods Sun 29-Jun-14 00:47:03

Interesting topic.
My mother confessed to me in a VERY drunken moment at her mother's funeral that I was her favourite. And kept going on about it.
I think personally that I do have a favourite child, however I like to think that I can see the good and bad in all of my children. However I do have a soft spot for child #2, my reasoning being because I had PND after I had him and I worry that I didn't care for him as well as his older sibling.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 29-Jun-14 00:50:58

I'm not my parents favourite child. And god do I know it.

Don't lie to yourselves that your least favourite doesn't know. They do.

The oldest child has stolen from us and from my family, he has confidence-tricked his own grandparents out of a LOT of money, he has shoplifted and he has told a lot of lies. The youngest child is my favourite.

BoldBlackCherry Sun 29-Jun-14 01:00:38

I was the favourite grin

I don't have a favourite Dd I love them both the same

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now