Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Have you done anything today that you have never ever done in your life before?

(102 Posts)
Mintyy Fri 27-Jun-14 22:43:52

I have and I just thought I'd share, but don't get too excited wink.

I have eaten some tuna mayonnaise without anything else. No salad, no jacket potato, not in a sandwich, or a pannini. Just plain, bald tuna, with a very little bit of mayo and a squeeze of lemon.

It was boring and I don't expect I'll be doing it again any time soon grin.

Cherrypi Fri 27-Jun-14 22:46:18

Made my first fancy dress costume for my child. It was a bit crap.

scarletforya Fri 27-Jun-14 22:47:03

I wouldn't put lemon on tuna. Rocket, peppers, cucumber and beetroot all go well with tuna though.

PigeonPie Fri 27-Jun-14 22:47:54

I have just left my DSs and DH at Cub camp and come home!

It's very quiet.

OuchyMcOuch Fri 27-Jun-14 22:47:57

Today I went on the tube with a broken foot. Never done that. Sadly I will have to repeat the experience next week.

Mrsgrumble Fri 27-Jun-14 22:48:41

I blew bubbles at my bsby and he laughed and loved them smile

Something v v rude! smile

Made strawberry tarts, don't think I've made them before

And blackcurrant cordial, definitely never made that before.

Mintyy Fri 27-Jun-14 22:52:50

Ooooh PigeonPie, bet you are excited.

Thanks so much for the culinary tips scarlet. Is your answer to the question in my thread title "I offered an uninvited criticism of someone else's food without being asked?"

Somehow I suspect not.

Fukeit Fri 27-Jun-14 22:53:21

Got back from holiday at 6 pm by 8:30pm all the bags were unpacked, sorted put away, washing in machine, toiletries put away.

Normally I leave it for days and trip over the bags. This way is loads better.

Kleptronic Fri 27-Jun-14 22:56:47

Loom bands. My ten-year-old and I managed to fuck it up. There was ten-year-old massive mega meltdown fallout. Very tired ten-year-old, bless.

I am a failure as a mother! grin

BitchyVstheUFOs Fri 27-Jun-14 22:57:53

Had an entire day where ds took control of basic routines and there was no shouting by either of us. Might not seem big to anyone else, but he is 9yo aspie and getting him to basic things like wash and clean his teeth are a nightmare let alone attempting to convince him he needs to have his room tidy and cleaned. He has done it all without having to be asked today. I am making the most of it as it won't happen again in a hurry and I might be in shock from it having happened in the first place needless to say I have also praised him in a manner not possible to have happen before.

absolutely sucked at bowling. I'm not exactly a bowling master anyway but today was just shameful.

PigeonPie Fri 27-Jun-14 23:02:53

Mintyy, I would be excited, but I've just finished doing all the things I didn't have time to do before I took them up there (like the dishes) and then printed some maps to take back with me in the morning for one of the expeditions!

There's just no way I'm camping as I wouldn't be able to move in the morning and it's too far for me to walk from the tents to the loos comfortably in the night!

FightingFires Fri 27-Jun-14 23:03:15

Inserted suppositories into a 35 stone man with 3 onlookers.

I'm a student nurse and tend to come across 'new things' most days grin

madame oooooeeeeeeer!!

<offers nothing to thread whatsoever>

Mintyy Fri 27-Jun-14 23:07:31

Crikey fightingfires!! What were the onlookers doing? Were they checking you got it right?

barnet Fri 27-Jun-14 23:07:48

Drove my new electric car. Swoon. Sold my old car in an auction.

NuggetofPurestGreen Fri 27-Jun-14 23:08:02

Bought a handheld Hoover.

Allalonenow Fri 27-Jun-14 23:09:42

I'm learning some new knitting things, I joined in with Woolly Hugs not long ago, and it's interesting to try new techniques, and be part of an enthusiastic and friendly group.

I decanted a box of ping pong balls into a faux Tupperware container and then numbered them all with a permanent marker.

<frisson of excitement>

FightingFires Fri 27-Jun-14 23:13:33

They were holding the very large gentleman so he didn't crush me to death while I was down there mintyy

Starsaboveyou Fri 27-Jun-14 23:14:04

Started potty training!

It's been a mixed day success wise.

Feeling hopeful though.

Mintyy Fri 27-Jun-14 23:14:18

Electric cars, handheld hoovers and knitting techniques! See, life is interesting and varied. So much to look forward to.

nameuschangeus Fri 27-Jun-14 23:15:12

I've been to see McBusted. They were very gorgeous talented and enjoyable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now