Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Dear call centre operative,

(37 Posts)
ComfyLeatherChair Mon 16-Jun-14 14:19:34

It was charming to talk to you when you phoned me just now. Even though I worked a night shift last night, i do so enjoy speaking to people who won't tell me who they are or where they are calling from.
It was kind of you to point out that you too were working a night shift in India, but perhaps it was less kind to say that you didn't care that I had been asleep. Perhaps you would like to give me your home phone number so we could speak again when I am working a night shift?
As much as I delighted in talking to you, I really would have liked to talk to your supervisor, especially when you became so rude. I was so dissapointed when you put the phone down on me.
I look forward to speaking to you again soon, because I know that even though I have blocked your number, you will find a way to call again.
And no, even then you will not be able to speak to MrsPartnerofComfy, because we are not married. And I am not the daughter either.
I look forward to next time Mr 01274792012,

From a sleepy,
Ms Comfy

deakymom Mon 16-Jun-14 14:22:36

i hope thats not your real number buy a whistle place it by phone use if necessary

FourForksAche Mon 16-Jun-14 14:22:55

sounds very dodgy, saw this link with info in that number:

uk.whocalledme.com/PhoneNumber/01274792012

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 16-Jun-14 14:26:54

That's a bradford number, 7's tend to be based around the city centre. So I doubt very much he'd been doing a shift in India.

AMillionNameChangesLater Mon 16-Jun-14 14:28:00

I work in a call centre (incoming calls only) and hate unsolicited calls.

in the interests of being fair, i also hate the two customers i spoke with this week. One who said "I hope your husband, well boyfriend as I doubt you're married, dies and then you'll know how i feel" - she couldn't work out how to clean her oven door. I also quietly asked her if she just said that she wished dh would die? She didn't answer that.

the other one said that she hoped my son developed learning difficulties because then I would understand. Her problem was that we couldn't take away her still connected appliance, when we delivered the new one she ordered.

it's a lot of fun, working in a call centre!

FourForksAche Mon 16-Jun-14 14:29:43

No excuse for those comments.

HaroldLloyd Mon 16-Jun-14 14:31:49

BT faults line over Christmas. That was fun, telling people no fixing until the new year. Someone told me I was a cunt with no friends unlike her who would like to call her friends at Christmas.

I said madam I do have some friends and luckily my phone is working.

HauntedNoddyCar Mon 16-Jun-14 14:36:21

Just because it looks like a Bradford number doesn't mean the operative is there. Through the marvel of modern tech they route the calls from whichever country through that gateway

ComfyLeatherChair Mon 16-Jun-14 14:36:24

A Million I am so sorry someone said those awful things to you.

And i find people in call centres normally very helpful when I phone them, it's just the unsolicited ones that are so frustrating.

I am very polite, but I would just like them to stop calling.
The number is their caller ID number but not a 'real' number. I've reported it to the ICO but it is not likely they will be able to do anything.

ILoveCoreyHaim Mon 16-Jun-14 14:36:50

I worked in call centres for 10 years. It's the pits, an absolutely horrible job. It's a nightmare trying to pass calls to supervisors even though you want to knowing you can't help. I have been called every name under the sun. It is really hard after 100 calls from it rate customers to stay polite when you just feel like screaming FUCK OFF, LEAVE ME ALONE.

I had a nightmare yesterday with Three and trying to get through to iphone tech support. I kept timing and they were passing me through to a number where a message said we are now closed we are open Sunday 8am til 8pm. I was running at midday. Every time I qued, got through and explained the problem they would pass me through to this line even when I was telling them it didn't work or saying oh ok we will pass you to another one to end up again on the line which wasn't working. I demanded a supervisor after 7 calls. I just refused to speak to them repeating put me onto a supervisor. I eventually got through and she said sorry I understand but you need tech support. I will get you through now I promise. She passed me to the same bloody line.

Eventually fixed the problem after watching various you tube videos.

ILoveCoreyHaim Mon 16-Jun-14 14:37:59

Oops typos should have previewed.

ILoveCoreyHaim Mon 16-Jun-14 14:39:37

Try who's calling me, Google it and there will be a list of people the number is calling and maybe a solution.

ILoveCoreyHaim Mon 16-Jun-14 14:40:14
AMillionNameChangesLater Mon 16-Jun-14 14:44:49

Sadly, I'm used to it. I always google numbers i don't know, and i call them back if needed.

I'm one of the supervisors so when customers do escalate, they are either really nice, or even worse. Still, I love my job smile

ComfyLeatherChair Mon 16-Jun-14 14:47:05

ILoveCoreyHaim I actually have the number for Three's corporate office in the UK if you need it.

I don't actually want to talk to the caller though, about anything. i just want them to stop phoning me. I realise that the job probably sucks, and that they are probably exceptionally well educated, well rounded people (apart from the last caller who was down right rude) who are making a living, but please I just would like to sleep and only be disturbed by calls which are serious. I.e. DS1s school phoning about his heart condition.

runningonwillpower Mon 16-Jun-14 14:47:46

Is there confusion here between call centres and cold callers?

Cold calling has to be the worst job in the world. We try to be polite always.

Call centres are a different minefield of frustration. My personal beef is the insistence on going through a diagnostic list ( that's you BT) even if you know the problem.

YoungBritishPissArtist Mon 16-Jun-14 14:51:52

Please don't ever blow a whistle down the phone, you could cause serious ear damage.

I worked in a call centre, it was soul-destroying sad No one needs to tolerate nuisance calls though.

ComfyLeatherChair Mon 16-Jun-14 14:54:46

Yep sorry - I probably am getting the terminology wrong, it is about 4am for me though. I have given up on the idea of sleep.

ILoveCoreyHaim Mon 16-Jun-14 14:55:45

ComfyLeatherChair

Thank I sorted it with no help from them and I'm hoping I don't ever have to ring them again after most of Sunday was spent restoring dds locked iphone without any help from them. Thankfully there's plenty of help on Google once you eventually find what your looking for.

ToniWol Mon 16-Jun-14 14:57:02

OP- are you registered with the TPS- we have and we rarely get cold calls nowadays (only from companies that have our number legitimately or who are calling for a previous occupant).

ComfyLeatherChair Mon 16-Jun-14 14:59:11

Corey I changed to Giffgaff in the end. I did have the last laugh when they paid me a goodwill gesture twice. I didn't phone them though grin

ILoveCoreyHaim Mon 16-Jun-14 15:02:52

Yes there's Inbound call centres and cold calling. TBH I think cold calling is worse than an inbound call centre as most of the time you are paid for the calls you make or what you sell. Inbound usually involves talking to a mix of people just want it help or people who are raging. I try to be nice when calling companies having worked for call centres and I always leave feedback for people who have gone above and beyond. I know they are probably having a shit day and it's nice to get a thank you. On the other hand it's bloody annoying when you get through to a call centre or an operative who just can't be arsed to help and who has no listening skills. The ones who just want to get you off the phone and pass you from pillow to post are the worst. I find there's not many who will take ownership of a problem and try and resolve it even if t takes a few hours. I would rather that than having to go over the same thing time and time again.

itsbetterthanabox Mon 16-Jun-14 15:05:23

Don't use a whistle down the phone. Deakymom is very wrong to say that!
Just say I am bit interested and put the phone down. Not hard.
Then get TPS. It's very easy and free. That's how the law works sorry but it is. You can opt out of cold calls with TPS.

ComfyLeatherChair Mon 16-Jun-14 15:06:52

We are registered with the TPS, after searching number as suggested above it appears it is a market research company. Apparently they sometimes call in the UK nightime as well.

ILoveCoreyHaim Mon 16-Jun-14 15:07:28

Yes my friends on giff gaff. I am tied into 2 contracts so can't move, this is the first time I have had to call then which proved to be a chore. Funny how they were so helpful setting the phone up and I was talking to a UK call centre, as soon as I am set up I seem to be dealing with and offshore call centre who always seem to struggle with my geordie accent and I end up having to repeat myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now