Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Should I be worried yet?

(35 Posts)
BobTheFly Mon 16-Jun-14 14:11:03

I have been known to be overly anxious so...

How long would a coach take from Berkshire to Cornwall? Ds1 left for a school trip this morning at 8am and I've not heard they've arrived safely yet? Should I worry yet? Or give it a bit longer?

FatalCabbage Mon 16-Jun-14 14:15:22

Bloody ages, I'd have thought. They won't be going over 50mph and probably stop twice for an hour each time. Cornwall is a long way over.

Hope he has a great time. I'm assuming a residential? How exciting!

FuckTheseSixFishInParticular Mon 16-Jun-14 14:23:02

Depends where in Berkshire to where in Cornwall, but give it longer. Give it until this evening, probably. In a car it take us a good 3 hours from Devon to Berkshire, non stop and with an aggressive driver

They probably also stopped for a bit for lunch/loo break for a while, coaches always take forever to get anywhere (and no motorway after Exeter), so if they left at 8 they're probably about there now.

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 16-Jun-14 14:24:40

And when they get there they normally forget to callgrin
Relax. If anything bad happened you'd know quickly.

BobTheFly Mon 16-Jun-14 14:25:00

Thank you. I dont want to call school yet but am aware that past about 4pm there won't be anyone to answer the phone.

ChuffinEllAsLike Mon 16-Jun-14 14:25:11

Id say at least 5 hours.

BobTheFly Mon 16-Jun-14 14:26:35

And we're in East Berkshire and going to about half hour from the Eden project.

BobTheFly Mon 16-Jun-14 14:27:00

It's been 6.5 hrs so far...

ChuffinEllAsLike Mon 16-Jun-14 14:28:39

What time did they leave?

Im a worrier too, and Id call the school.

footballagain Mon 16-Jun-14 14:30:09

Have you checked the traffic reports?

In bad traffic, it's taken me 6 hours just to get to Dartmoor and that's without stopping.

ChuffinEllAsLike Mon 16-Jun-14 14:31:16

X posted

BobTheFly Mon 16-Jun-14 14:32:05

They left at 8am and wouldn't give an ETA in case we worried.... I've just text another parent.

footballagain Mon 16-Jun-14 14:39:33

Should have clarified - I'm East Berkshire too.

jeee Mon 16-Jun-14 14:40:50

You would have heard if there were any problems.... this really is a case of 'no news.....'

dietcokeandwine Mon 16-Jun-14 14:43:48

OP does the school have a website? Or a Twitter account?

Might be worth checking - our school posts Twitter updates via their school website and will always confirm safe arrival of coaches of residentials, ETAs for the return journey and so on that way.

Coaches take forever. I would say no news is good news. Check traffic report websites before you worry.

BobTheFly Mon 16-Jun-14 15:26:20

Still nothing. They don't have twitter and there's nothing on the website. Other parent hasn't heard anything either.

ChuffinEllAsLike Mon 16-Jun-14 15:37:02

hmm they should have at the very least told one main person to inform others.

When they get back, Id probably suggest it.

ProfessionalProcrastinator Mon 16-Jun-14 15:40:14

Did they say they would update? Our school doesn't let us know when they arrive, but update on the way back so that we pick up on time.

babybearsmummy Mon 16-Jun-14 15:41:44

Are they supposed to be doing anything as soon as they arrive? Lunch/ refreshments or sightseeing or a tour of where they're staying that they may have been a bit late for and had to get straight on with it? Hope you hear soon. They're probably all caught up in the excitement!x

BobTheFly Mon 16-Jun-14 15:45:30

Ok I've just found out we won't be hearing from them sad Gutted. Going to do my anxiety no good this week. sad

Doinmummy Mon 16-Jun-14 15:47:02

You would have been told if anything has happened. Try to focus on what a good time your child will be having, snacks on the coach, bit of a sing song , waving mooning at other motorists .

ChuffinEllAsLike Mon 16-Jun-14 15:48:29

Oh hang on a sec, they are on there way there? I seeeeeeee.

I thought you were waiting to pick them up!
Thats slightly less concerning, however as a fellow fretter I would be the same as you.

BobTheFly Mon 16-Jun-14 15:51:32

Yes yes must stay positive. I'll miss him but very used to him going away, he does loads of activities, trips, camps etc but usually get a little update from the parent mail text system. This is first trip at this school and I don't even know the adults he is with. Eek!

BobTheFly Mon 16-Jun-14 15:53:05

doin I think you were on my last thread when I was freaking out about ds2 and wanting to fetch him from school in the middle of the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now