Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What things are guaranteed to provoke a complete overreaction from you?

(221 Posts)
HolidayArmadillo Sun 08-Jun-14 17:14:45

Is there anything out there that someone can do to you (or even do to yourself accidentally) that is guarantee to provoke a complete overreaction in you?

For me it's getting my hair pulled, or catching my hair in a brush or getting my hair caught on anything at all. Just the slightest yank of my hair can make me want to scream in pain and I get a burst of irrational anger that makes me want to yell and hit things. It's over as soon as it comes on but for that split second I have a whit hot rage. Totally overreaction but there you go! Am I the only one?

Mintyy Sun 08-Jun-14 17:16:25

My teenage dd stepping on the back of my birkenstocks when I am walking along.

She has done this so many times now (and I just want to SCREAM) that I insist on walking behind her.

HerBigChance Sun 08-Jun-14 17:16:46

Slow technology. Drives me absolutely nuts within a nano-second.

MilkandCereal Sun 08-Jun-14 17:18:15

Poke me in the side. I cannot bear it. It's only a matter of time until I snap.

Also getting clothing caught on door handles. It makes me want to rip the door off it's hinges.

EatShitDerek Sun 08-Jun-14 17:18:24

Teeth grinding

calzone Sun 08-Jun-14 17:18:25

Spilt drinks.....

Flips me out! confusedconfused

MilkandCereal Sun 08-Jun-14 17:19:19

Its.

MilkandCereal Sun 08-Jun-14 17:19:57

That should read,people who poke me in the side.

penguinplease Sun 08-Jun-14 17:21:23

People, men specifically, that walk around shops with their hands behind their backs slowly get my goat.
More so if they are whistling at the same time.

And people who stand too close to me in queues. It makes me feel sick.

And the noise of toys or similar being dropped on wooden floor.

It's cathartic just to express it almost publicly!!

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 17:21:38

People letting on that they think I'm stupid. Or tickling me. Can't stand ether.

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 17:21:44

Either!

EdithWeston Sun 08-Jun-14 17:22:15

DD's whiny voice.

The DC dawdling way behind me, zigzagging in front of me, or not getting out of the way of other pedestrians.

(But I like walking to school really!)

hiddenhome Sun 08-Jun-14 17:22:53

People standing too close to me and people touching my stuff.

foadmn Sun 08-Jun-14 17:23:01

taxi drivers who, having been told which route to take to the destination, go a different way.

EdithWeston Sun 08-Jun-14 17:23:37

And men (it's always men) who sit with their legs wide apart on the bus so other passengers are all squished up. I've never dared do anything other than seethe silently about that one though.

MrsCripps Sun 08-Jun-14 17:24:43

Breath on my skin<shudder>

If DH breathes on me I just shriek blush

Anyone touching my feet. It makes me want to cry.

I also loathe people poking me in the side, especially from behind. I can't be held responsible for my reaction.

Also, coat hangers getting tangled up with other coat hangers. This gives me MASSIVE RAGE. I can't just calmly untangle them I have to go mad, yanking away crossly until brute force breaks separates them.

lollilou Sun 08-Jun-14 17:28:39

Dh breathing on my face at night. It's not smelly I just can't bear the thought of breathing in his breath.

misstiredbuthappy Sun 08-Jun-14 17:30:09

People that show off, gets right on my nerves angry

Oh and snorers I know some people cant help it but for the love of god shhhhhut uuup !

HecatePropylaea Sun 08-Jun-14 17:30:16

Noise. People noise. Worst of all is eating noises. If i thought i could get away with it, i'd kill noisy eaters . grin

sonlypuppyfat Sun 08-Jun-14 17:30:18

My wonderful DCs when we go shopping love standing in front of me so I can't see what I want , oh and standing on the back of my shoes.

AmIthatSpringy Sun 08-Jun-14 17:32:28

Cord on my headphones getting tangled. Plus when headphones are about to give up the ghost and I can only hear in one ear. I rage at that.

Plus the getting clothing caught on door handles.

And people <glares at DD> who can't walk next to me in a straight line and edges me towards the road

stripeyred Sun 08-Jun-14 17:33:11

Coat hangers here and washing put through the machine half inside out so you've to detangle it when wet. I HATE that and refuse to untangle it now, if it's not dry for when the owner needs it, tough luck

DurhamDurham Sun 08-Jun-14 17:34:11

Someone.....anyone touching my feet. I HATE it. Makes me shudder just to think about it...and not in a god way grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now