Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Nicole Kidman

(14 Posts)
EasterSundaySimmons Wed 14-May-14 01:05:19

The woman was drop dead gorgeous. Now she looks like a freak show.

The stills from the Grace kelly film she has made! don't look too bad, although she can't hold a candle to Grace Kelly.

But she has gone overboard on her face since making that film. She'll end up only being able to appear in horror films!

CorusKate Wed 14-May-14 01:08:54

Bitchy.

Cailleach Wed 14-May-14 01:11:07

You'd think with all her money she could afford a plastic surgeon who's actually, y'know, good.

Why do they do this to themselves? Why, why, why...

EasterSundaySimmons Wed 14-May-14 01:20:02

CorusKate, nicole has no need to do this to her face, she is a naturally beautiful woman.

The fillers and Botox are way too much.

It's sad that a cosmetic surgeon will carry out this unnecessary work.

She has gone too far and has ruined her looks.

Is it extreme vanity and narcissism or is she very insecure and hated the way she looked?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Wed 14-May-14 01:31:30

I think anyone criticising someone else's appearance should also post a photo of themselves for public scrutiny.

feathermucker Wed 14-May-14 02:31:53

She works in an industry where age and youth are massive factors in getting work etc. She may have panicked and got the work done for that reason.

ThaneOfScunthorpe Wed 14-May-14 03:12:42

But aren't you just perpetuating a culture where women are held up to scrutiny for their looks, OP? How depressing.

callmekitten Wed 14-May-14 03:19:18

I wouldn't have recognized her if it wasn't in the OP.

She was divorced by her H then he married someone much younger.

She is constantly scrutinized.

You have no idea what she would look like with no work, probably much older, because you have no frame of reference.

'Naturally beautiful' is bullshit. Personal trainer, dietician, Photoshop, taught to stand, designer clothes, best facial products and sub-surgical work beautiful possibly.

WhereHas1999DissappearedToo Wed 14-May-14 05:08:29

She must be best friends with Kylie Minogue grin

myitchybeaver Wed 14-May-14 05:19:39

I completely agree, she used to be my favourite actress but now looks horrific, like a melted candle or like someone who has had repeated surgeries after an accident or a fire.

I started watching 'the railway man' but turned it off, she can bearly talk and has no expressions.

It's not a female issue, some male actors are doing the same thing. Micky Rourke anyone, gorgeous looking bloke, now a freak show.

I think we all understand that there is a sadness/tragedy behind the surgery but we PAY to see these people and so I feel are allowed to comment on their looks and acting abilities. Nicole Kidman can no longer act effectively. How can you with a paralysed, puffy face and big swollen lips? Especially when you had thin lips to begin with.

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Wed 14-May-14 05:37:38

I won't criticise Nicole's looks, she was a beautiful woman. I don't feel ashamed of criticising the mess that she has made with her face due to cosmetic surgery. It's a fucking shame to be honest. She looks like a plastic doll, not a nice one.

Springing Wed 14-May-14 11:27:39

She was beautiful, and always had a natural, youthful sort of beauty. It's sad that she thinks this face is more attractive than the one she had just with a few wrinkles on it. She doesn't even look like a doll, she looks slightly grotesque now.

squoosh Wed 14-May-14 12:16:14

If Nicole Kidman, someone who has the access to the very top surgeons, looks like this surely that is a warning to us all against plastic surgery?

She's a really talented actor, but her altered looks now distract from that.

See also Burt Reynolds, Sylvester Stallone and Mickey Rourke. Plenty of male stars also go down this route.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now