Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

To the idiot who keyed my car [[title edited by MNHQ at the OP's reqest]]

(28 Posts)
WetDogLovesHubert Tue 13-May-14 15:55:22

Thank you, I hope the police give you a decent slap round the chops. You performing a 3 point turn in the main road does not entitle you to scream at me when I decided to drive past (no traffic). Nor should you leave your vehicle to approach my car, bang on the window to get my attention, and key my car when I refused to acknowledge you.

Taking the photo of your number plate, with you clearly visible, gave me no pleasure as I had to leave my 9mo in the car to take it.

I hope karma bites you on the arse. Clearly I wasn't entirely free from fault, but I didn't go on to commit a crime which will cost me at least my excess to fix. angry

HygieneFreak Tue 13-May-14 15:58:14

I ve had someone key my car in three massive lines going all the way down each side.

It was a right mess

Had to get 6 panels resprayed!!!

Cost £350

Bastards

MmeMorrible Tue 13-May-14 15:58:42

What exactly do you mean by 'fucktard'??

Canus Tue 13-May-14 15:59:07

You are going to be slaughtered for using that term.

But why did the driver shout at you for driving past, and why did you stop for long enough for them to key your car?

WetDogLovesHubert Tue 13-May-14 16:00:15

Ouch angry that's terrible! Thankfully the biyatch only did the one panel, so I'm hoping it's not an enormous cost to fix. I really can't afford it right now.

ClaimedByMe Tue 13-May-14 16:01:17

I thought 'fucking bastard' when I read it!

I hope the person gets caught OP and you are ok!

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Tue 13-May-14 16:02:09

I was told by my driving instructor to wait if someone is already in the middle of doing a turn in the road when you approach them rather than drive past them.

What a nob, hope they get caught OP.

WetDogLovesHubert Tue 13-May-14 16:03:15

Huge apologies, I completely forgot the offensiveness of that term and have reported my thread title. I didn't mean to cause offense.

No idea what she was shouting at me, I couldn't hear her clearly. I was stationary at a set of traffic lights.

somewheresomehow Tue 13-May-14 16:04:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Galactus Tue 13-May-14 16:04:48

Yes I was taught to let somebody finish a manoeuvre before driving past. Obviously this didn't warrant the reaction, but you were in the wrong about that, and dangerous.

Forgettable Tue 13-May-14 16:04:56

That term is horrifically offensive. Out of all the insults to chose from, why that one.

I am sorry you had a fright and no doubt someone will be along with the niceties of the Highway Code under their fingers wrt waiting while a manoevre is performed.

AlpacaLypse Tue 13-May-14 16:05:49

I'm in the minority on MN as I believe 'fucktard' is fuck -ing bas- tard.

But a huge number of people on here perceive it as a contraction of fuck -ing re- tard. In which case it is of course extremely offensive.

I avoid using it as (a) I cba to keep arguing the point against the tidal wave of outrage, and (b) if I did it would just derail the thread.

Just like it has here.

Canus Tue 13-May-14 16:06:23

You mean you were waiting at a red light, and the other driver randomly got out and started screaming at you? confused

Yeah I always thought it meant fucking bastard.

But anyway....

WetDogLovesHubert Tue 13-May-14 16:09:01

Yep, I was aware of the need to wait, so clearly I was an impatient moron not to have done so. And I have apologised for the use of that term, I did not use it as implied, just as a crass insult.

WetDogLovesHubert Tue 13-May-14 16:09:49

Canus, yes, that is what happened.

eurochick Tue 13-May-14 16:10:35

That was clearly an appalling reaction but you should have let the driver finish the manoeuvre. I was doing a 3 point turn on Sunday and for the first time in 20 years of driving someone passed me (at a fair speed, so it's a good job I was being very vigilant) half way through. It's not the norm.

gertiegusset Tue 13-May-14 16:11:14

I always thought it was fucking bastard too.

Even if you should have waited he should not have got so aggressive and damaged your car, you were in the wrong but he was more in the wrong in his response.

Blondiebrownie Tue 13-May-14 16:11:21

I would have never driven past someone who was performing a 3 point turn but that doesn't give them the right to vandalise someone else's property.

Galactus Tue 13-May-14 16:13:29

Of course it didn't warrant the reaction, but if the op had just waited a few seconds to let the driver finish the 3 point turn, then both drivers would have gone off on their way with no repercussions.

Keying the car is not acceptable. I hope she pays up.

I alas thought fucktard was fucking bastard to. Wouldn't even have occurred to me to be the other reason.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 13-May-14 16:20:19

DSis had brake fluid poured onto her car after what she described as a minor car park altercation, she came back from the shops to find a lot of damage.

Who does this kind of thing.

Well as much as you should wait for someone to finsh their manoeuvre that gives them no right at all to act so shockingly aggressive, blimey usually a two fingered salute is enough.

Hopefully OP they`ll find her and she`ll pay up.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 13-May-14 16:23:10

Isn't "idiot" pretty offensive too? <spectacularly misses point of thread>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now