Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

how awesome is this plan...

(90 Posts)
Happydutchmummy Sun 04-May-14 22:32:01

I want to put astroturf down in the livingroom. It wouldn't cost a lot, would look amazing and the room is bright enough to take it. I just fancy a change from my beige carpet and feel my house is just a bit bleh to look at and having a grass like livingroom would bring me out of my funk. I am trying to convince dh about its awesomeness.

I admit I've been drinking wine tonight and the idea may seem a bit bonkers when I've sobered up.

TheEnchantedForest Sun 04-May-14 22:36:53

It wouldn't be very comfy!

Ellypoo Sun 04-May-14 22:37:21

Sounds like a hideous idea! Fair enough putting fake grass down outside to save mowing etc but nit in your living room. Apart from it looking horrid it would feel nasty on your feet.

OscarWinningActress Sun 04-May-14 22:38:14

Do it. Right now. Go online and order it immediately.

<runs>

grin

FruVikingessOla Sun 04-May-14 22:39:04

Hahaha wine. Think about it again in the morning grin

Joking aside, astroturf is quite abrasive - so if you, or more to the point, DC fall on it, you can get quite nasty 'carpet burns' (for want of a better expression).

And it might look a bit daft if you've got a lawn in your sitting room!

Yama Sun 04-May-14 22:39:23

I would love to visit a house with astroturf in the living room. It would be epic.

ExcuseTypos Sun 04-May-14 22:40:04

How would you Hoover it?

LadySybilLikesCake Sun 04-May-14 22:40:20

Just sprinkle some cress seeds on your carpet and give them a drink of water. It's a lot cheaper then astroturf and you can eat them. Bonus!

RhondaJean Sun 04-May-14 22:40:23

Well I love it. You could have some nice deck chairs too and paint the walls blend with clouds. I'm sure I could find loads of accessories...

jaynebxl Sun 04-May-14 22:41:22

I would love to visit a house with astroturf in the living room. It would be epic.

The key is in the word "visit" as opposed to "live"!

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Sun 04-May-14 22:43:34

Do it.

GiveTwoSheets Sun 04-May-14 22:47:08

Please post pictures when its done

squoosh Sun 04-May-14 22:48:23

Imagine the astro-carpet burn.

Happydutchmummy Sun 04-May-14 22:49:34

Just looked it up on eBay, 5m x 4m is only £90, which is a bargain for totally revamping the livingroom. I could just lay it on top of the very dull carpet and bluetack it down so if it's a disaster then it's not permanent.

I could play minigolf indoors!

puckingfixies Sun 04-May-14 22:51:05

have you got room for goal posts too, and floodlights?

FruVikingessOla Sun 04-May-14 22:51:51

Wouldn't you have to cut a couple of holes in it for mini-golf?!

Blue tack! Sheesh!

Would you have to put Down those little black rubber pellets that dh drag home with him fro his 5-a-side antics?

And it would hurt your bare feet too.

Sigyn Sun 04-May-14 22:53:22

no, deffo do it

also, post pictures

it would be epic, its true

AlpacaYourThings Sun 04-May-14 22:53:35

Do you have a pet cat or dog? I think they would love to shit on it

Coconutty Sun 04-May-14 22:53:45

Do it do it, order it right now.

before you sober up

FruVikingessOla Sun 04-May-14 22:55:19

What are those little black pellets, Glaikit? I've noticed them on the sports pitch at the school round the corner. Can't work it out at all confused

NotAgainTrevor Sun 04-May-14 22:55:24

I've always wanted a totally nuts room so think you should go for it. But you have to do it properly and have the whole room themed, maybe a swing chair and little garden set. It would look odd with everything else being normal living room style. You could even have a little slide, I want an indoor slide.

Don't forget pics or it didn't happen.

I should put down the wine now.

cakesonatrain Sun 04-May-14 22:55:27

Get green carpet?

thornrose Sun 04-May-14 22:57:25

You think it would be epic to bluetack astroturf to your carpet! Are you sure you're only on the wine? grin

TeamEdward Sun 04-May-14 22:57:30

Imagine the Rightmove pictures and estate agents blurb if you tried to sell...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now