Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

this time 10 years ago

(82 Posts)
allhailqueenmab Sat 03-May-14 22:45:46

tonight - in bed with a stinking cold and a lap top wondering when dd2 with the same stinking cold will squawk next

May 2004 - had just met DP. On a Saturday night I would have been out with him, or, ahem, in with him. maybe dreaming about him if out with girlfriends

May 1994 - living in London - temping - definitely out on the lash - etc. At this time would be on the way out to something and lining up the night's comestibles.

May 1984 - asleep, or writing or reading kneeling at the windowsill making use of moonlight.

May 1974 - Sleeping, I hope. I had a yellow cot with a lamb painted on it (my dds have slept in it! It is freakish)

May 1964 - I was an egg in one of my mother's ovaries. She had not met my father.

what about you?

EatShitDerek Sat 03-May-14 22:48:30

2004 I was 13/14 and probably posse somewhere pretending my phone had died grin

1994 I was 4.

1984 I may have been an egg inside the body of a 12 year old

RhondaJean Sat 03-May-14 22:48:55

Tonight - wine and cheese with DH and the footie highlights.

2004 - head down toilet, pregnant with dd2 and sick constantly.

1994 - I was 18. I was very unwell a lot of the time, very unhappy and not sure at all what I was doing with my life.

1984 - I would have been long in bed. My mother was very strict.

EatShitDerek Sat 03-May-14 22:49:21

Tonight? Loner as usual while son is at his dads

Pagwatch Sat 03-May-14 22:50:32

10 years ago I was getting over the death of my father, has moved home and was in hospital with my DD who we thought we were about to lose.
Hideous.

500smiles Sat 03-May-14 22:51:10

tonight - feeling way too old and knackered to still be up past ten pm

May 2004 - DD was a newborn and DS had just been diagnosed with ASD, our worlds were thrown upside down

May 1994 - living in a big house with lots of our friends, we would have been undoubtedly in the pub having started out drinking before we went out, and would head home when the pubs closed at 11 and carried on into the wee small hours

May 1984 - with my (still to this day) best friend - we would have a sleepover at each others houses on Saturdays of alternate weeks

May 1974 - Plotting how to steal dsis lovely exciting new toys that she would have just received for her first birthday

May 1964 - I was an egg with a few years to wait, but DH would have been a newborn

Tonight - slightly wind-burned after day out and on water grin

2004 - at home with 1 yo and 6 week old (-3 weeks corrected age) DS2, desperately trying to entertain high-maintenance toddler and getting BFing of preemie baby established epic fail

1994 - shagging soon-to-be DH senseless grin

1984 - still at school. In bed, pretending to sleep, but secretly reading.

IneedAwittierNickname Sat 03-May-14 22:55:10

Tonight, I went out earlier for a meal with friends as the dc are at their dads.

May 2004 - I was 24 weeks pg with ds1 (not that we knew he was a ds), engaged to a man I thought I'd be with forever, and was either looking for a house, or had just found out we had passed the checks to rent.

May 1994, I was in year 5 of primary school, was 9 1/2 years old and completly innocent. I still played with dolls, and loved dancing, I did lessons 5 times per week.

May 1984 - my mum was about 20ish weeks pregnant with me.

CointreauVersial Sat 03-May-14 22:56:22

May 2004 - Busy with a baby, a 3yo and a 4yo - at home on maternity leave, running up and down to preschool and toddler group.

May 1994 - Living in a cool flat in Fulham, working, hating my job, but little did I know that I was about to land a fab new job and meet DH....

May 1984 - At boarding school, Lower 6th, revising for my Maths A Level, which I took a year early.

May 1974 - Playing with my baby brother, and my new Tiny Tears doll and pram.

May 1964 - not even a twinkle......

Jakadaal Sat 03-May-14 23:00:30

Tonight - watching tv with dcs and dh
2004 - dh and I waiting to be approved as adopters
1994 - just had first date with now DH
1984- recovering from heartbreak (most prob) and out partying wearing hideous pastel clothes a la Miami vice or major shoulder paddage
1974- most probably reading my Jackie comic and looking at posters of Donny Osmond
1964 - 3 months away from being born

Lagoonablue Sat 03-May-14 23:03:58

Good thread.

Tonight- staying in, kids in bed, watching match of the day with a bottle of red. Skint. Just bought new house,big mortgage and kids.

2004-out for a meal in town with large group of friends. Lots of drinking and a taxi home. Recently promoted at work and feeling well off.

1994- out with friends or stuck in my recently bought flat. DP living away at university so often at a loose end at weekends and often skint. 4 years into my chosen career and enjoying it.

1984-out in town with my student mates. Living it up in Liverpool while at uni. Living In crap shared house. Met DH this year.

1974- probably watching telly with my mum and dad, having been to a friends that day. Only 11 so not much of a nighttime social life!

1964-1 year old and living with parents I a one bed flat. They were pretty skint but happy. There was an outside toilet!

PhoebeMcPeePee Sat 03-May-14 23:04:34

Today - at home watching tv with DH after lovely family day. DC tucked up in bed.

May 2004 - living in London with DH, married for 2 years thinking about moving to the 'burbs & starting a family. Most likely be out with friends or the two of us for dinner.

May 1996 - travelling around France with my best mate for the summer before we head off to uni.

May 1984 - at home in bed asleep or reading under the duvet with a torch

May 1974 - 1 month old foetus grin

cornishmizzle Sat 03-May-14 23:05:08

Today- at home playing with 12 month old DD and thinking how great it is that DS 1 and 2 can now go to the park on their own.

May 2004- DS1 was 1 month old so I was probably not doing a lot!

May 1994- I was 10 and had not long had a puppy so was very excited about walking it everywhere.

May 1984- I was 3 months old. Not sure what I was doing but imagine it was pretty amazing winkgrin

allhailqueenmab Sat 03-May-14 23:05:33

I love all these answers!
Can anyone take us back to 1954?

CitronVert Sat 03-May-14 23:06:15

This time 10 years ago 3rd may 2004 I'd just gone into labour with ds. It's my baby's 10th birthday tomorrow and it's gone by in the blink of an eye sniff

Changebagsandgladrags Sat 03-May-14 23:06:25

Tonight watching MOTD

May 2004 I had just bought my flat, first step on property ladder.

May 1994 at university, mostly to be found at gigs.

1984 I thought I was Zola Budd, I think it was August though...

1974 can't remember...

Shlurpbop Sat 03-May-14 23:07:21

I was thinking about this earlier!

Today - Day out with DH and 3 yr old DD
2004 - Dumped by my first long term boyfriend of a good few years. I was completely devastated sad
1994 - Reading my 'Shout' magazine, tryIng to be cool smile
1984 - Learning to walk / talk etc

PortofinoRevisited Sat 03-May-14 23:07:45

Blimey.

Tonight, we have visitors from UK and have been having lots of fun.

2004. Dd was nearly 2 months old and we had screaming every night. Otherwise I was enjoying my ML and having lots of baby cuddles in front of the Tivo.

1994 - BH weekend - I was seriously loved up with new BF. We went to Hythe to spend BH Monday with his mate. Got drunk. Stayed at mate's house. On Tuesday I had to get a taxi to work in the same clothes. Minging! It was such fun though.

1984 - I was probably secretly reading in bed too. Listening to Kid Jensen and John Peel. And writing tortured diary entries.

1974 - I was my first year at school. My teacher was lovely. Lots of water play and Janet and John books. My mum died in 1973 so probably there was a sad atmosphere at home.

Tonight: just managed to get DS to sleeping his own bed with a lot bit of bribery. DP away for the weekend.

2004: should have been finishing my dissertation and studying for my finals, but was probably out drinking and enjoying myself blush

1994: reading under the covers with a torch, addicted to books but stay up all night so not good for energy levels

1984: nearly 3 years old (same as DS now actually) wondering why DMs tummy was growing so big, was to be DB1

Nocomet Sat 03-May-14 23:09:57

2004 I'd be flop in front of the TV having got two smallish DDs to bed

1994 I'd be snuggled up with DH

1984 I'd be falling asleep after revising for my O'levels
Or I'd still be dancing (and boozing) at a village disco depending on the Fri/sat rota for dances.

A very odd thought as DD1 is revising for her GCSEs at the moment.

1974 I'd have been asleep after cycling about and playing show jumping on a space hopper.

1964 I was just a twinkle in my mother's eye and DH was an 8 month fetus.

Louise1956 Sat 03-May-14 23:12:56

Now. Been watching 'A Good year' .

May 2004. we were still living by the Thames. probably i took the children for a walk to feed the ducks,if they would stop trying to kill each other for long enough.

May 1994. Went to Amsterdam with my husband and no.1 son (then aged ten). it was fun.

May 1984. we were living on an island in the thames. we were still doing historical re-enactment then. we went to an event somewhere in the north of England, can't remember exactly where.

May 1974. i was working at my first job in a bookshop.

May 1964. i was at primary school.

Longdistance Sat 03-May-14 23:13:24

Tonight- in bed on my own, as dh fell asleep on the sofa, and I couldn't watch the tv as he's like a puffing billy when he snores hmm

2004- probably in some exotic location with my job, quaffing wine, good food, good company, and my own independence.

1994- at college, had my first 'proper' boyfriend.

1984- having my ears pinned back, as I was bullied about them, as they stuck out the bully now shovels horse shit for a living

1974- an egg.

I go back quite a few decades...hmm

Tonight I am with H in bed watching crap Dave tv

2004 I was in a halo after having spinal surgery for a broken neck. In three weeks time I will be in a hard collar and will meet H for the first time.

1994 I am the mother of a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old. In a loveless marriage I will escape from in 4 years time.

1984 I am 16 and I am madly in love with my bf who was the captain of the school rugby team. I saw status quo on their farewell tour I think this year...

1974 i am six and I live in Manchester with my two year old brother aka little shit and my mum and dad

RachelWatts Sat 03-May-14 23:17:27

Tonight - relaxing with a glass of wine after DS1's 5th birthday party

2004 - had been married about 6 weeks

1994 - in my 1st year of Uni studying Physics. Had met the man who would become DH 6 months earlier

1984 - 9 years old, in my final year of primary school

1974 - not yet born

QueenFuri Sat 03-May-14 23:17:31

Tonight in bed where I've been all day with a migraine.
May 2004: I was 17 and probably getting pissed with my mates or babysitting.
May 1994: In bed I'd think sound asleep I was 7!
May 1984: Another 2 years and a bit until I was born, my mum was probably out getting pissed with my dad grin .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now