Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Funniest or most annoying things to happen to you in an exam?

(267 Posts)
SantanaLopez Tue 29-Apr-14 13:28:25

There was a sniffer in the office today and I was reminded of my finals- someone had a horrendous case of hay fever or a cold and sniffed THE ENTIRE THREE HOURS.

One classic exam the invigilator fell backwards off a table he had been sitting on grin Hysterics ensued.

And then the classic wasp in the room!

Any gems?

Tenrec Tue 29-Apr-14 13:43:28

A daddy long legs managed to make it's way onto one of my kind of friend's desk in a history exam. She squealed, batted it and killed it. Then burst into tears about being a 'murderer'.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Tue 29-Apr-14 13:46:18

Realised a peers frequent loo visits were to read the answers written on her thighs.

I did have someone storm out of my finals shortly after one exam had started saying how ridiculous it was and how there was no point.

He was pretty much correct but I still have no idea how he came away with a higher classification than me hmm

I still have nightmares about my finals - where the questions are completely unreadable and nonsensical.

I shirted the physics lab. The exam had to be stopped and emergency calls made to the exam board and an electrician! Unsurprisingly, I failed physics!!!!

shorted. Sigh!

shouldnthavesaid Tue 29-Apr-14 13:52:36

Being the only one in the hall (extra time) with a sleeping invigilator. My friend climbed up to the window to make faces at me.

Last laugh was on me - I passed with a B and she barely scraped a C.

Thankfully 99% of my exams have been done in separate rooms to everyone else - so much easier. I got to stand up if I'm stiff, mutter as much as I liked and even go out to the loo if desperate!

That's a bit embarrassing grin

(Was replying to BBC)

DocDaneeka Tue 29-Apr-14 13:54:03

I've had a sniffer moved OP

I called the invigilator over and told them it was putting me off, and they moved them to a spare room. grin

It was annoying everyone else, including the invigilator I think.

I have total empathy with happy fever sufferers, but no symPthy with people who expect everyone to just put up with annoying sniffing and coughing. one of my best mates was very badly affected with hay fever and he did all his exams in a nice air conditioned room.

TheWanderingUterus Tue 29-Apr-14 13:54:06

One of my classmates beaded necklaces broke in the middle of one of our a-level exams.
Absolute silence and then hundreds of beads cascading onto the table and floor. Everytime she moved a few more fell off.

I think the invigilators got a dustpan and brush in the end, but she was mortified.

OYBK - I wasn't the most popular of peopleblush

I was late for one of my A-levels as the 5th years decided to throw my friend in the river (it was a leaving prank and they didn't know we had an exam). Accompanied her home to get dry clothes etc - school knew but again had to inform the exam board and everyone had to wait for us!

AnnaLegovah Tue 29-Apr-14 14:12:15

In my A-level Physics exam a blackbird flew into the room and got stuck to the ceiling (we had some weird carpet-esque tiling and its leg got caught in it). Cue some panicking teachers trying to free an irate blackbird while we all laughed and chatted amongst ourselves. The thought of it still makes me giggle now.

It was very difficult to concentrate after that. wink

PeterParkerSays Tue 29-Apr-14 14:12:18

Teacher invigilating an exam who decided to walk up and down the rows of tables in bare feet. Slap, slap, slap.

It was like having a bloody penguin in the room. Really distracting.

I was tapping my pen against my chin and accidently threw it across the floor...invigilator barely glanced up from her book, the spare I had didn't work, so ended up with half the class slowly sliding it along with their feet until I could reach it again!

RandallFloyd Tue 29-Apr-14 14:18:00

I gave myself a paper cut and bled all over my GCSE math paper.
It was a tad distracting.

I also got my weather forecasts mixed up and went to my A-level French exam in shorts and t-shirt. It was not a warm day. I was fucking freezing and looked a right twat.

EstoyAqui Tue 29-Apr-14 14:23:35

I had to hand express some milk in the toilets during an OU exam once. I had underestimated how long I would be away from 3 month old DS. The invigilator was suspicious and was waiting for me outside but when I explained he mumbled something and wandered off embarrassed. DH was waiting directly outside the hall to hand me DS when I finished. I don't know if I was more pleased to be finished of my exams or to be relieving the balloons on my chest!

Padeen Tue 29-Apr-14 14:23:43

Two of us left in a room when the invigilator got up, walked out, and was sick in the corridor outside.

Doing a very short paper in a hall full of people doing typically long papers and the invigilator not realising. What to do? I wanted to say something and get out of there, but the signals were that the other candidate on my paper would rather not....

Velvetbee Tue 29-Apr-14 14:25:29

I set fire to my hair in a chemistry practical. Squealed, put it out with my hand and then stank for the rest of the session.
Everyone including the invigilator ignored me.

SantanaLopez Tue 29-Apr-14 14:27:57

I set fire to my hair in a chemistry practical.

shock

These are great.

I also threw a pen at someone in nerves once, I'd forgotten about that!

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Tue 29-Apr-14 14:29:09

I forgot how to spell the word 'why'. Well, I knew how to spell it but for some reason it looked wrong. I remember writing it on a piece of scrap paper and staring for ages trying to figure out how it was 'really' spelt. Then decided I'd have to go with what I had grin

lavenderhoney Tue 29-Apr-14 14:33:46

These are funnysmile

I was heavily pregnant ( ie due) during an accountant exam. The inviglator was really stressed by my enormous bump and that i fidgeted all the time as I couldn't reach the papers properly.. Bump was massive. Also I forgot pens, calculator ...

The second one I had just had ds, a few weeks before, and I endlessly leaked milk as I kept imagining him crying for me. I think I cried all through the exam as well, silent tears at my baby missing me.

TelephoneTree Tue 29-Apr-14 14:36:32

I somehow got quite a few pages of my biology practical booklet all stuck together with the glucose solution we had to work with - o'level

I drank some of my chemistry experiement - one of the last years to use pipettes that you had to suck up - o'level

Degree finals - pigeons were in the room flying around and shatting everywhere. They moved us all in the end.

BalloonSlayer Tue 29-Apr-14 14:40:10

bellbook I was wondering what "shirted" meant and I decided it meant "sharted." I was LOL-ing at the idea of the exam being stopped and the exam board informed. grin

SantanaLopez Tue 29-Apr-14 14:42:15

How did the pigeons get in Telephone? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now