So.................. ...how many days now until Christmas 2014?

(535 Posts)

We need a new thread to continue the very successful countdowns of 2013 and 2012.

And before anyone does the hmm face (or fhmm face ) take a look at some of the 'Panic Threads' at the end of December when people were "Twitching" and stressing.

Organisation is key.

(I just need to find somewhere that'll work out how many days it is grin )

I've put net lights on an outdoor tree Smiles so it should work on a Christmas Tree but you'd need to spend a while tucking it all in neatly.

Are you going to get enough lights on a net and will they be bright enough?

<<Feels the urge to go up and peer in the loft at my decorations now....>>

Flossiechops Tue 29-Jul-14 21:03:05

Have started my bargain shopping off with a pair of gingham pjs and slipper boots from The White Company for £12 in the sale. Very chuffed!

Smilesandpiles Tue 29-Jul-14 20:59:01

How bad is it, that I spent 2 hours up in the loft looking at Christmas decorations, thinking about where to put them on the tree, making a list of what else I needed and listening to Christmas carols on the Ipod?

I think I need help.

Burning Warm Woollen Mittens at the moment. Well, kind of. I had a jar where the wick had burnt down to nothing but a lot of wax left. It's now in a tart burner instead and the jars cleaned out and on the dressing table with cotton buds in a smaller jar and cotton wool balls in another.

I've had an idea and wondered if I could run it past you all.

You know those net lights that you hang in the window? What if I wrapped the christmas tree in one of those? Surely you get better coverage and some of them are battery operated so you don't have to find a socket...Good idea or not?

lostlalaloopsy Tue 29-Jul-14 11:02:30

Just checking in!

I ordered some Christmas stuff from Sue Ryder which arrived yesterday - they have loads of lovely stuff, some which was on sale. The thing I was most excited about was a little fairy door which I will attach to a skirting board and our Elf of the shelf will come out of on the 1st!! I really, really love the Elf on the shelf thing. DH gave me the usual hmm face but I know he secretly loves it all.

I am on maternity leave now so have plenty of time to plan my Christmas extravaganza!!

caramelwaffle Mon 28-Jul-14 12:05:13

Bought the TSV Christmas and Regular wrapping bags yesterday.
Quite restrained I thought <<preens>>

Five months. Five months grin grin

Watching QVC (second day of Christmas in July ) now.

Thinking of what I need want. (Nothing so far, but the day ain't over yet wink )

envy @ Christmas Fleece.
(And it is the sort of thing to buy early, plan, sew it up then put away. Then Ta-Da on Dec 1st, they appear ) grin

BiddyPop Wed 23-Jul-14 14:36:17

I nearly thought I had died and gone to heaven yesterday. Went into a quilting shop in depths of Canada on hols, and a huge section was Christmas fabrics. Including a printed fleece to make a simple blanket. There is spare space in suitcases going home, or should I say there is until tomorrow, when it go back to buy a few bits!

(And five months til Christmas Eve Eve)
(Is this Rudolph Day?)

50shadesofknackered Tue 22-Jul-14 09:41:26

156 Christmas in July yaaayy! I'm determined to buy some lovely lights and things.

Smilesandpiles Sun 20-Jul-14 12:27:22

THURSDAY is QVC Christmas in July day.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

caramelwaffle Sat 19-Jul-14 02:42:19

blush too much time on my hands there .

nickdrakeslovechild Fri 18-Jul-14 21:41:16

Fab pic 70

Smilesandpiles Fri 18-Jul-14 16:24:30

Awww. I love those pictures.

caramelwaffle Fri 18-Jul-14 14:21:56

Lovely picture.

Hey, the year ain't over yet , plenty of time for redemption wink

50shadesofknackered Fri 18-Jul-14 11:43:34

I always love your pictures 70 I've been a very good girl ish wink

.....................biscuitbiscuitbiscuitbiscuitbiscuit
.....................envyenvyenvyenvyenvy
.....envyenvy.........envyenvyenvyenvyenvy
......envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy
........envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy
.........envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy

Christmas Stocking - have you all been good all year? wink

ConstantlyCooking Fri 18-Jul-14 09:44:05

Just back from summer hols to find some of my amazon Christmas purchases have arrived.

The John Lewis decorations were slate Christmas trees for the tree, red and white felt decorations to add to my Tchibo (I miss that shop -Germans do Christmas well) collection for the fireplace and a flat tree card holder.

caramelwaffle Fri 18-Jul-14 03:08:14

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now