Need token gifts for 17 yo boy and 16yo girl - help!

(12 Posts)
Opheliabumps Sat 30-Nov-13 22:11:44

I'm secret santa-ing someone and want to include small token gifts for her 17yo DS and 16yo DD, any ideas please? Really looking at £5 each as a budget, so I've got enough left over for something lovely for the mum.

My DC are only 4, so I've no idea what 16/17 year olds like!

MartyrStewart Sat 30-Nov-13 22:14:53

Costa or Starbucks gift card?

Beccadugs Sat 30-Nov-13 22:18:42

Some places do high street vouchers that are redeemable at a number of shops. You can get them in the post office I think. This would give the teenagers plenty of choice!

These are possibly not the ones you can get at the post office but might so the trick:
www.highstreetvouchers.com/gift-vouchers/love2shop

Opheliabumps Sat 30-Nov-13 22:26:18

Is a gift card/voucher for £5 gifty enough though? I'm worried it'll look a bit mean, and not buy them anything unless they add their own money to it - is £5 seen as a useful voucher at that age? I know to my DC it would be a fortune grin Thanks!

£5 Starbucks voucher would work - enough for a coffee and a muffin!

Tbh though, if I was your Secret Santa person, I'd rather you bought something nice for me - sod the kids! smile

Opheliabumps Sat 30-Nov-13 22:43:35

Perfect, thanks! Don't worry there will be a bigger gift for the mum, just want to include the whole family grin

Middleagedmotheroftwo Sat 30-Nov-13 23:07:59

Costa voucher
Top shop voucher
iTunes voucher

Leeds2 Sat 30-Nov-13 23:09:19

Last year, Lust did lovely gift boxes for £5 which would do for the girl. Not sure if they are around this year, I haven't looked yet.

mumslife Sun 01-Dec-13 08:44:21

Tesco are doing malteasers and crunchie crackers for a fiver and they are quite big

poisonedbypen Sun 01-Dec-13 08:54:01

Lust?gringrin Sounds good for teenagers. Don't think mine need vouchers for it though!

MARGUERITE18 Sun 01-Dec-13 21:38:55

lush!

TBH teens would rather have the money. You could put £5 each in a gift card wallet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now