how to wrap X-factor tickets?

(16 Posts)
iheartdusty Thu 21-Nov-13 13:58:57

DD, lucky girl, will be getting tickets for X factor live in spring next year. (and I will be accompanying, lucky mehmm)

Any suggestions for how to present them to her? The actual tickets won't arrive for ages, I only have the email confirmation.

I thought I'd get a cheap X-factor calendar or diary and mark the page, but I can't find any at all, not even on ebay.

Other years there seem to have been annuals, but again, I can't find any.

There is merchandise for previous winners (Little Mix has taken over poundland), but that's not really right.

PontyPants Thu 21-Nov-13 14:06:40

How old is DD?
I really remember one year my friends parents setting a treasure hunt for them so they could find their new puppy (I know a dog is for life etc but they had been planning it properly)
Could you hide letters for x factor live around the house somehow?
or is that a bit lame?

CrotchStitch Thu 21-Nov-13 14:23:12

Could you get an XFactor mug? <clueless>
Put the email inside then fill it with hot chocolate sachets, marshmallows etc?

In a large beautifully-wrapped box amid lots of polystyrene chips? Could be messy ...

CrotchStitch Thu 21-Nov-13 14:26:06
AngelsLieToKeepControl Thu 21-Nov-13 14:31:02

I would decorate a box X-Factor style and buy a new top for the concert, some facepaints, and glowsticks and a disposable camera maybe, and whatever else the youth of today take to concerts so she has a little concert kit.

mrsyattering Thu 21-Nov-13 14:31:54

You could make your own tickets on laptop and print them off?? Just as temp ones till they arrive. Pop them inside the mug??

PontyPants Thu 21-Nov-13 14:32:42

or other alternative is to do it pass the parcel style and find the most massive box you can and do a few layers to underline the importance that size isn't everything grin

iheartdusty Thu 21-Nov-13 15:00:40

Fantastic ideas!

DD will be 12.

I could give her Scrabble letters in an anagram, or a series of anagrams..

and DD would love the mug.

thanks all

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Thu 21-Nov-13 15:03:37

prank gift box? They have a few others too.

574ejones Fri 22-Nov-13 18:32:29

I haven't done this for tickets, but for giving money, I put it in balloons and the present was the pin to pop them. It went down really well.

curlyclaz13 Fri 22-Nov-13 18:36:08

For OH I bought an aftershave gift set and poped the email in there, it wasn't x factor though grin do they do an x factor fragrance ?

rubbishfamily333 Sat 23-Nov-13 00:29:33

Put them in an envelope and hide inside slipper, a box or pjs then wrap them up!

I have done all of these before and people always open them and look like hmm is this all I'm getting? Slippers hmmhmm

Then they finally spot the real present and are shocked grin

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 23-Nov-13 01:22:46

Make a massive cardboard "X" shaped box?

iheartdusty Sat 23-Nov-13 14:58:59

more good ideas, thanks.

Wally, how do I make an x-shaped box? <<imagines hours of obsessive measuring and sticking>> smile

I did google x-shaped boxes and got nowhere; when I googled 'cross-shaped boxes' I didn't quite get what I had in mind blush

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 23-Nov-13 17:08:15

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now