Food and drink bargain hunters come here please

(150 Posts)
iloveholidays Thu 17-Oct-13 19:05:14

I thought it might be easier for all including Reastie if we had a separate bargain thread for food and drink.

Reastie hoping I'm not stepping on your toes here smile

Assuming the offers will move quickly mind.

I'm planning an online shop at tesco later so will let you know what bargains are there at the moment.

GlitteredPinecones Sun 17-Nov-13 08:07:39

Terry's chocolate oranges are 95p in Morrisons

Southeastdweller Sat 16-Nov-13 23:11:51

Mince pies and Christmas puddings are half-price at Waitrose.

Sparklyblue Fri 08-Nov-13 22:31:03

Hi, litre bottles of Baileys £10, Tins of Roses, Celebrations, Heroes and Quality Street £4 each. Terry's Chocolate Orange, various flavours, £1 each.
All in Asda grin

joymaker Fri 08-Nov-13 20:26:18

Moosey thanks, I would have been very happy with that price (I need to get a few), but I live across the water (N Ireland) and although we have most high street shops we don't yet <hopeful emoticon> have a Waitrose (or Aldi or Morrisons...) sad

ihatethecold Fri 08-Nov-13 17:49:49

It's in chat.

TheYamiOfYawn Fri 08-Nov-13 16:31:29

Where is the Aldi Christmas thread?

MooseyMoo Fri 08-Nov-13 16:15:42

joymaker waitrose have Green & Black 12 miniature bar collection for £2.99 ( third off). Dark, milk & white and another version

TheYamiOfYawn Fri 08-Nov-13 16:10:08

The Aldi Christmas food catalogue is put and it looks fabulous (apart from the dull frozen party food).

ihatethecold Fri 08-Nov-13 10:59:51

Great thread.
Have posted on the Xmas Aldi thread also but the panatonne are really nice and costs £3.99

They look good enough to give as presents, if you don't eat them first. As I have!

TheSlug Fri 08-Nov-13 10:19:32

the Nice Christmas tree tin of biscuits is half price in store at M&S at the moment, down to £5, and it's so sweet (it spins and plays christmas songs)

shelley72 Fri 08-Nov-13 09:25:21

lindt chocolate currently on offer in waitrose. Bars and also the lindor chocolates which I must stop buying

There's buy 2 get 2 free on selected Cadbury selection boxes in Tesco ATM. Think it's on till Tuesday midnight smile

Theimpossiblegirl Fri 08-Nov-13 08:58:33

Morrisons are advertising cheap spirits but after the whole Baileys thing it might not be worth a special journey. Bitter, moi?

I'm after, as I'm sure we all are, the big tins of chocolates - roses, heroes etc. Anyone know of anywhere please? Must be before 25th nov as its for a fundraiser, thanks :-)

janx Fri 08-Nov-13 07:33:53

Anyone seen good deal on vodka?

raisah Fri 08-Nov-13 03:49:47

Coffee bags for those who like proper coffee without the faff of a cafetiere:

coffeeperfection.com/

raisah Fri 08-Nov-13 03:35:56

Pogosticks I would buy my own stuff for the hamper tbh. I find that you get a lot more for your money & have exactly what you want to eat if you buy it yourself. Push the boat out & buy a selection of treats from Waitrose, M&S and Fortnums etc.

Pogosticks Thu 07-Nov-13 23:29:05

I was thinking of getting a hamper this year as will be at home a lot. And will be a present to myself.

However am wondering if I am kidding myself and it will be expensive and not useful and should I stop being lazy and wasteful and make a list and buy things (like I do week in, sodding week out)....
Any thoughts ?

parrotsandcarsnips Thu 07-Nov-13 10:30:48

just posted this on bigger thread but m&s have chocolate truffles half price down to £3 great size for hamper or perhaps teacher gift

raisah Wed 06-Nov-13 08:25:16

Half price champagne & cava at Waitrose while stocks last.

everydayaschoolday Wed 06-Nov-13 01:41:40

yami the frozen venison in Aldi is utterly delish.

FrantasticO Tue 05-Nov-13 07:09:48

No probs bluesky!
I'd have prob spent way too much on nibble bits that would mysteriously vanish before December

Maybe we should start a thread on the mystery of vanishing foodstuff bought for Xmas!!

AmIGoingMad Tue 05-Nov-13 03:20:22

Shoop shoop- was it definitely Tesco? I think morrisons are doing similar?

joymaker Tue 05-Nov-13 02:41:41

Can you give me a shout if you see any good deals on Green and Blacks or Lindt chocolate in store or online. Ta!

bluesky Mon 04-Nov-13 22:05:59

Hi, just an update that the lidl voucher has gone. Sorry frantastico.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now