(18 Posts)
iloveholidays Mon 07-Oct-13 20:57:19

Thanks for the ideas.... Will investigate

fuzzpig Mon 07-Oct-13 15:23:27

A geeky t-shirt,
Hobbit lego board game
DVDs but not sure what yet smile

dawntigga Mon 07-Oct-13 14:57:31

I read the title as 'burying' and got quite excited, I guess I'll iron his shirts then.

WillHaveToNotGetMyHopesUpTiggaxx

Dp is getting (to be split between his december birthday and christmas):

A nice copy of his favourite book from The Folio Society
A head torch
Some tools for his hobby (leatherworking)
A new knife (outdoorsy one, maybe an Opinel one as they're quite reasonable)
A tafl set (a game for when we're reenacting)
A pasta maker (if I can get a reasonably priced one)
A fire steel (this will go in his cracker)

I'll probably spend £40ish on birthday, same on christmas.

okthen Mon 07-Oct-13 13:02:32

We just do stockings- I will build up a little stash of foodie things, a couple of books/CDs, other small things eg a nice notebook. We spend around £25 on each other.

milk Mon 07-Oct-13 12:54:29
topbannana Mon 07-Oct-13 12:47:00

A subscription to a violently expensive magazine that he likes- very good deals if you take out an annual subscription.
Joules boxers, a personal favourite but at £15 a pair definitely for birthdays and Christmas only.
A checked Barbour shirt to go with all his other checked Barbour shirts He has a fascination for checked shirts and often dallies with cheaper brands but it's always the fecking Barbours that are his favourite.
Possibly some port and chocolate but we are having a careful year this year so that could well be it grin

Rosa Mon 07-Oct-13 12:33:59

Not a clue ....

not a clue. so far he has 2 pairs of ben sherman boxers, a pinkie and the brain t shirt and a bottle cap launcher. any ideas would be appreciated.

TheYamiOfYawn Mon 07-Oct-13 12:17:55

DP frowns on presents as a frivolous waste of money, which makes him quite hard to buy for. I might get some brushed cotton bedclothes to keep us warm on chilly nights with no heating on, or maybe a new set of pyjamas.

Monsieur Babawic will be getting a subscription to a hard to get hands on old VW Combi magazine. I saw the other day a jug thingy to make hot chocolate as he's cutting down on coffee at the moment and started having hot choc in the morning and was also thinking of getting a nice jumper.
It's the stocking fillers that totally stump me!

Those lego valve caps sound good too, must have a look!

Snowgirl1 Mon 07-Oct-13 10:38:09

gamerchick helicopter lesson - brilliant idea. DH has said in the past that if he could start his life over again he'd want to be a helicopter pilot. Right, that's DH present sorted.

gamerchick Mon 07-Oct-13 10:17:01
gamerchick Mon 07-Oct-13 10:16:28

A fishing reel.

If you're after an experience.. have a look on here http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/my

Then see who does the experience you want and contact them direct as it's cheaper to cut put the middle man. I got the husband a helicopter lesson and he loved it.

iloveholidays Mon 07-Oct-13 10:09:48

Oh I'll have a look Damn and Two.

I was also thinking of a driving experience although need to look into that. We usually just buy each other clothes but would like to do something different this year really.

TwoPeasOnePod Mon 07-Oct-13 09:46:31

Lego brick valve caps for my car for his car wheels. Under a fiver on ebay

Damnautocorrect Mon 07-Oct-13 09:45:27

Have you seen the webber BBQ courses? They look good.

iloveholidays Mon 07-Oct-13 09:41:51

Just looking for ideas on what to buy DP this year. So far have a few cookbooks, lots of aftershave samples, bottom DVD. thinking of getting a personalised apron someone linked to on ebay (will have to hunt out the link again). He's into golf, football, cooking...

Also someone mentioned a grill stone which is like a tabletop grill which I thought would be good fun.

So looking for inspiration... Any ideas?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now