Toy for 2 year old ds who likes "sorting", please!

(13 Posts)

My ds likes sorting, his favourite activity at the moment is to empty the cupboard of dilute juice and then put them back hmm

He's also got a thing about the magnets on the fridge.

So he has a shape sorter, stacking cups and stacking boxes (which he loves), what else would he like?

Thank you.

raisah Sun 29-Sep-13 21:40:13

How does he sort things? In order, by shape and or colour? Does he rearrange things in a specific order or just takes stuff out & puts them out again?

I think you have got all the sorting toys, I can't think of anything different to suggest. I got my ds a letterbox from elc, which helped his fine motor skills develop.

Noggie Sun 29-Sep-13 21:40:19

Matching pairs game- usually come with lots of pairs for older kids but you could give him a few to do.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 29-Sep-13 21:45:42

What about the little wooden puzzles that have different shaped pictures that fit in shaped holes? You can get all kinds of different ones. Like these.

PookBob Sun 29-Sep-13 21:45:50

I bought this for my dd for christmas last year. It has had a lot of use, by DD and my DS. It can be a bit annoying to pack all 80 pieces back in the box every day though smile

www.amazon.co.uk/Small-Foot-Picture-Sorting-Box/dp/B00454AB6K/ref=sr_1_52?ie=UTF8&qid=1380487356&sr=8-52&keywords=sorting+box+wooden

stargirl1701 Sun 29-Sep-13 21:49:09

A stacking rainbow?

This company have lots of stacking/nesting toys:

http://www.myriadonline.co.uk/wooden-stacking-toys.php

Sorry, I have no idea how to convert to a clickable link from my iPad.

I've been considering this sock sorting game for my 2 year old - might suit?

I've been considering this sock sorting game for my 2 year old - might suit?

fuzzpig Mon 30-Sep-13 05:42:25

I got this button board (an earlier version of it) for DD's 2nd birthday, she loved it.

fuzzpig Mon 30-Sep-13 05:43:59

Shape magnets might be good too

Brilliant!! He's not particularly sorting into colours yet, but that will probably come soon so lots of these look great, thanks so much everyone :-)

fuzzpig Mon 30-Sep-13 08:53:35

It was actually the button board that quickly got DD comfortable with colours - I think because the colour is the only difference between the buttons it suddenly became more obvious to her.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Mon 30-Sep-13 17:18:51

An Early Learning Centre wooden post box? Posting is kind of along the same lines as sorting/emptying! Have bought one for my baby DS, it's very cute.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now