Basket for food hamper-where can I buy?

(17 Posts)
RoadsTwo Fri 28-Jun-13 13:25:42

Just seen the date on this - woops!

RoadsTwo Fri 28-Jun-13 13:24:15

I did something similar but as we live a little way away got it all through yourhamper.com. Have since seen allllll of the pics the in-laws sent and it was BEAUTIFUL. You can choose what food things you want to go into the hamper and add your own tag. Postage was a bit steep but totally felt worth it.

i got a lovely wicker shopping basket for my mum on amazon last year. she has wanted one since she was a child, and i got one and filled it with goodies (traditional things from her childhood- handmade mohair bear that i had made for her, coconut ice, toffee, american hard gums and some other things like baileys, hot choc sachets with a lovely bone china mug, and some jewellery that i had made for her) she loved it, and the basket was about £12.

Guitargirl Mon 17-Jun-13 13:53:15

I bought one last year from Home Bargains for about £6.00 - it was quite large - they had different sizes.

BaconAndAvocado Tue 07-May-13 21:13:27

I made hampers for all the grandparents a few Christmasses ago, I got the baskets from TK MAxx. They had a great selection , think I paid £8ish each.

highammhx Fri 12-Apr-13 13:18:44

I spent a lot of time searching for the best prices. But I still think the best variety and often the best deals are here: eBay

aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 12-Dec-12 12:28:30

Last year I got wicker storage basket type boxes from wilcos.

ArcticRoll Wed 12-Dec-12 11:46:05

Thanks for all the suggestions-I think I'll go with Anja's tip and will look for a cooking tray or bowl-then they can use it again rather than be stuck with a basket!

Anja1LikesChristmas Wed 12-Dec-12 11:14:41

How about a large bowl / oven dish / tray / chopping board even? If necessary stick the things down with a little sellotape / double-sided tape and then wrap in a big sheet of cellophane?

spottymoo Wed 12-Dec-12 10:36:55

Looks of garden centres round here have them so maybe try your local one smile

aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 12-Dec-12 10:08:00

Dobbies have got them. Also have you tried dunelm?

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 12-Dec-12 10:01:44

Is there anywhere affordable to get them online?

I'm looking for something nice too but I've had hit-and-miss quality from eBay.

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 12-Dec-12 09:53:20

Is there anywhere affordable to get them online?

I'm looking for something nice too but I've had hit-and-miss quality from eBay.

Colyngbourne Wed 12-Dec-12 09:49:32

Your local hardware store might have some - ours has loads.

ArcticRoll Wed 12-Dec-12 08:35:14

Ah thank you diddlediddledumpling-not sure if I have the stamina for an Ikea run but will look at craft shops.

diddlediddledumpling Wed 12-Dec-12 08:32:08

Ikea, I got some there last year. Also saw them in a craft shop last week, but more expensive.

ArcticRoll Wed 12-Dec-12 08:30:35

I'm gathering food items to make a personal hamper for my foodie in laws and need to buy a nice but cheap basket /hamper and struggling to think where I can buy one -any ideas?Could trawl charity shops but not really in mood at moment! Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now