Anyone seen Norman? Playmobil Advent Calendar

(38 Posts)
EnjoyResponsibly Mon 03-Dec-12 20:50:16

We have broken open the PM advent calendar, this year it is the Winter woodland scene.

It is indeed a thing if great beauty and wonder.

<Applauds the good people if PM land>

missmapp Fri 07-Dec-12 18:22:08

Ahh of course, will tell the dc. So pm is also culturally educational , it is magnificent

Gigondas Fri 07-Dec-12 17:36:28

Yes but no black Peter to go with him

MirandaWest Fri 07-Dec-12 13:49:01

Think the reason FC appears on 6th December is because its St Nicholas Day which is celebrated more in Germany

missmapp Thu 06-Dec-12 19:33:51

We had the man himself today- wasnt expecting FC to make such an early arrival- clearly he too favours PM

SnowMuchToBits Tue 04-Dec-12 22:08:07

Plastic tat? Norm would be horrified! shock

Pleased you have come to your senses and decided Playmobil is good. smile

Gigondas Tue 04-Dec-12 19:54:39

That owl gets around- he also resides on a tree in fairy unicorn fountains park

ObiTheChristmasWan Tue 04-Dec-12 19:53:26

Ahem. Mulled wine will never pass my lips. Unadulterated white stuff all the way grin.

Upon closer inspection, it would appear that child #1, though trying to be helpful, opened door 5 instead of door 4.

So the Christmas Crow will appear tomorrow. Yay.

Still, we can pretend he's a raven, and have him croak 'Nevermore' from his dark and withered tree, next Halloween. The gift that keeps on giving.

KvetnutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Tue 04-Dec-12 19:47:54

we got the knight one, and DS loves it. but is scared of the owl looking at him.

Gigondas Tue 04-Dec-12 19:42:53

It could only be worse if badgers had festive sprouts

EnjoyResponsibly Tue 04-Dec-12 19:38:42

Obi have you been on the mulled wine? grin

According to the Plamobil schedule that came with the wondrous wonderland of awe and must be strictly adhered to it is, festive Crow on Day 4, fawn (must be given scale of crow) on Day 5.

Given the presence of cauliflower the wondrous wonderland of awe might be a little pongy after the badgers have a snack confused

Gigondas Tue 04-Dec-12 19:25:31

I used to think that madamb but have been converted ( or become obsessed per dh). It definitely gets played with far more and more imaginatively than other stuff dd has right now. Which is just as well cos she is getting a load more for Christmas.

MrsBovary Tue 04-Dec-12 19:22:29

I've always thought Playmobil to be plastic tat, but I'm surprised by how much the children have enjoyed their calendar so far (we have the Winter Wonderland). I've even been so far converted as to buy them some small playmobil presents for Christmas.

mercibucket Tue 04-Dec-12 19:19:44

With the new advent calendars, can you re-use them on following years?
Our winter wonderland is looking good. We accessorise with extra fir trees and snow and have a nice hay rack, a tree and some birds so far
Looking forward to a badger and cauliflowers - the very essence of xmas

mercibucket Tue 04-Dec-12 19:19:42

With the new advent calendars, can you re-use them on following years?
Our winter wonderland is looking good. We accessorise with extra fir trees and snow and have a nice hay rack, a tree and some birds so far
Looking forward to a badger and cauliflowers - the very essence of xmas

Gigondas Tue 04-Dec-12 19:13:26

Festive crow would probably eat festive deer if you don't keep him strapped to the tree.

ObiTheChristmasWan Tue 04-Dec-12 19:10:18

Hmm.. I was expecting the Christmas Crow. I got - the baby deer.

Which is rather more festive, so I'm quite pleased. DD will discover the crow another day. It would have looked rather sinister on the dark wood tree anyway grin.

Days 1, 2 and 3 were all as they should be. I wonder whether we'll have two deer, and no crow?

Gigondas Tue 04-Dec-12 19:02:16

It is really quite hitchcockian (If that is a word) and its proportion is not that of vulture than crow

EnjoyResponsibly Tue 04-Dec-12 18:58:51

Gig DS was hmm about the festive Christmas crow. Lends a sense if the Hitchcock to the wondrous winter scene.

Gigondas Tue 04-Dec-12 08:09:55

Thanks for tip about post box as was wondering about that. Today was Xmas crow and angel as we have both woodland and post office on the go.

I can't see it being put away for next year as dd loves it (and nothing says advent like a badger and some cauliflowers).

MirandaWest Tue 04-Dec-12 08:00:07

We have several playmobil advent calendars all on various outings smile

SnowMuchToBits Tue 04-Dec-12 07:57:41

We had the king's owl today! smile

SnowMuchToBits Mon 03-Dec-12 22:11:22

Oooh, Norm and I are excited too! smile

Startail Mon 03-Dec-12 22:09:24

ours have joined the general box of bits, the fire place warms the dolls house all year round.

It is time to hunt out the tree and the snowman and find FC.

EnjoyResponsibly Mon 03-Dec-12 22:01:29

We've had a tree with snow and squirrels, a Fir tree with a log, and 2 badgers with cauliflower.

It's the absolute Christmas nuts I tell ye grin

We had the post office last year.

I almost can't wait for next year and the Knights

<hopelessly overexcited with 22 sleeps to go>

trixymalixy Mon 03-Dec-12 22:01:05

We have winter woodland too, I think I'm more excited by it than DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now