What did you get in your Advent calender?

(17 Posts)
SnowMuchToBits Sun 02-Dec-12 16:02:33

We have the Playmobil Knights Tournament one - ds has so far had a king, and a crown and scroll. We also each have a traditional one with pictures. Mine has had a decoraton and some sweets, ds's has had a decoration and a gingerbread house. smile

gwenniebee Sun 02-Dec-12 14:27:07

At this point I get on my high horse and say my dd will not be having a chocolate or anything else Advent calendar. We have traditional ones with reference to Jesus, and/or an Advent candle. I can't abide the lego/star wars etc etc variety. Ugh ugh ugh.

Can someone give me a hand down, now, please? smile

twinklesparkles Sun 02-Dec-12 14:18:09

I got dh and ds cadburys ones. They had a santa choccy yesterday and a snowman one today.

I haven't got one sad town had absolutely sold out

Was considering a playmobile one for ds, he's just started to get into tomica, which is rather similar to playmobile.

May have a look in the toy shop in the week, may get one on sale ;)

LadyMargolotta Sun 02-Dec-12 08:18:39

The Polly Pocket doll got a snazzy pair of Christmas trousers with a holly print on them. The Lego figure got a pink sleigh. The rest of us has eaten our chocolate.

LadyMargolotta Sat 01-Dec-12 10:19:11

Guitargirl - I have that one to colour, still in my cupboard, I am keeping it for next year. I also have the Eric Carle one for next year.

LadyMargolotta Sat 01-Dec-12 10:17:50

fuckwittery LOL at your chocolate emergency!

DS got a chocolate Christmas tree in her Octonauts one. smile

Guitargirl Sat 01-Dec-12 09:30:33

DD has a wooden house and DS a wooden train which the Elf brought this morning. Number 1 had a couple of sweets and marshmallows in. They also have chocolate ones from my parents and SIL so they are a bit sugared up now! They are currently colouring in these which were a big hit last year.

fuckwittery Sat 01-Dec-12 09:08:25

we've got a playmobil advent calendar and they got a little postbox today. spent an hour making tiny little letters to go in it. Sounds like an idyllic 1st December morning, but resulted in tantrums all round when DD2 scribbled on DD1's letter, and DD1 tried to fold up an enormous bit of paper and had a meltdown when it wouldn't fit in the little letterbox. Then a shouting session from me as DD2 poured all the sugar on the floor for the Christmas cake that I'd just got out. And breathe.

I did buy chocolate ones originally, but I had a chocolate emergency the other day, and I've eaten most of DD1's, I have bought a replacement but it's in the car and I'm too cold to go outside to get it, so they can have chocs as a surprise after lunch.

Ds (3) only has a chocolate one and it was gone before I got chance to see what it was! Then he wanted a go at all the other doors and is now not impressed!

AppleOgies Sat 01-Dec-12 07:50:08

Don't have one... But DS got a Christmas tree in his Thomas one.

lynniep Sat 01-Dec-12 07:49:26

DS1 got the star wars lego calendar and was a bit disappointed with the rubbish ship. but they always have to wait for the good stuff. DS2 accidently got a playmobil nativity scene. I bought it in last years sales and somewhere along the line I must have decided it was an advent calender. pulled it out of storage this morning and discovered otherwise...

LadyMargolotta Sat 01-Dec-12 07:49:14

envy at the Selfridges one! Well done to your dh - there is no way I could have shared my lindt bunny - it was delicious with my coffee.

LadyMargolotta Sat 01-Dec-12 07:48:11

We had Lego city last year. What's elf on the shelf?

PoppyWearer Sat 01-Dec-12 07:47:45

My DD also got the little girl in Lego Friends, and she and DH shared the Lindt rabbit (4yo DD could tell it was a bunny).

I have again treated myself to the Selfridges one and got a teeny tiny Victor & Rolf perfume. smile

altinkum Sat 01-Dec-12 07:42:36

We have just a big standard mario and pippa choc one, but also the Lego city and imaginext ones too, but mummy ad daddy had fun last night and the boys stayed at their GP, so elf on the shelf hasn't been delivered yet.

LadyMargolotta Sat 01-Dec-12 07:36:14

Fun opening them this morning. I have the Lindt one - the same as last year -and still just as delicious. A chocolate bunny pretending to be a reindeer.

Dh and ds have pocket calenders that I filled myself; dh got a chocolate coin and ds a playmobil figure but ds wasn't happy and dh had to give him the chocolate coin. He's only four and not really into playmobil yet.

dd1 has the Lego Friends calender and got a little girl with brown hair.

dd2 has a Polly Pocket calender (I bought it a few years ago and it's not sold any more). She had a blond doll with red jumper. Hopefully she'll get the trousers tomorrow.

Has anyone got the playmobil calender?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now