Amazon Black Friday - the weekend thread!

(163 Posts)

I just can't keep away wink

Doubt I will get anything today, but will keep looking, there are a few new bits on today smile

bigbadbarry Sat 24-Nov-12 08:14:16

I haven't spotted anything I want today. Probably a good job!

Morning! There's nothing I want either sad Hoping for some surprises.

4forkssake Sat 24-Nov-12 08:37:35

Is it just me or is it just the same things every (other) day? It's like groundhog day in there. Hope they bring out the big guns tomorrow smile

TaggieCampbellBlackFriday Sat 24-Nov-12 08:47:06

Mornin.

Jist woke up and haven't looked yet.

zombiewitchdocktor Sat 24-Nov-12 08:51:14

all a bit blegh!! unless you want socks!!!!! smile

Tempted to buy the socks so they don't appear again- hopefully! Nothing much so far, I feel cheated!

Marne Sat 24-Nov-12 08:56:42

I thought things would get etter today but not looking good, nothing i want today unless they add a few things later, i'm quite pleased though as i am out this morning and have spent far too much already smile.

A lot of repeats today of stuff that has been on already. Still holding out for a kitchen aim unless I have missed it already.

Aid!

TaggieCampbellBlackFriday Sat 24-Nov-12 09:19:28

Do i want a crisp maker?

Tortoise Sat 24-Nov-12 09:23:27

I'd really like an ice watch but only if the extra £10 off works.

zombiewitchdocktor Sat 24-Nov-12 09:33:30

Still a bit blegh - thought about the hoover Iron till I read the reviews.... not convinced and put it back!! Think I have already got what I feel was worth it.... It still doesn't stop me flicking backwards and forwards... (just in case you know!)

ariadneoliver Sat 24-Nov-12 09:36:19

There's some macadamia hair oil coming up later. Has anyone tried it before, does it work?

whatkungfuthat Sat 24-Nov-12 09:43:31

Morning all. I am going to keep an eye on it in case the lovefilm deal comes back and I'm still on the horns of the kindle dilemma despite buying one and cancelling it yesterday.

All my stuff arrived this morning. The velvet bomb gift set is really nicely presented and smells gorgeous. Got it for my babysitter and I'm so pleased that I took the risk. The Lego Star Wars books bundle is great too - 2 of the books have a mini figure included which I didn't expect.

whatkungfuthat Sat 24-Nov-12 09:44:33

Lovefilm is up at 12.30

My Carvela shoes have arrived. They're ok, a bit small on my gigantic size 8's. No way would I pay £70 for them. If I saw them in a shop I would prob pay a tenner...

TaggieCampbellBlackFriday Sat 24-Nov-12 10:00:23

I got the crisp msker for DD2.

What with that and the paella pan we'll have such fun grin

bagpuss Sat 24-Nov-12 10:11:33

Morning! Dh has banned me from talking about black Friday and amazon do I'll have to come here and talk to you smile.

Nothing I want today for presents. Am dropping not so subtle hints about the hot diamonds necklace at 9 pm but getting the look hmm.

Taggie grin

Dh doesn't get Black friday or anything technological really so I can only talk to you lot about it grin

Hope you get the necklace bagpuss.

I've just had a massive box delivered. In it was: the cat maze, crocs, Victoria Pendleton book, Hair clipper and my Kipling bag. The cat has jumped straight in the box grin Now to wrap them before dh gets home.

Piemistress Sat 24-Nov-12 10:25:02

Just me and the two ankle biters today so will be giving it a miss, good job I think! Stash so far :

2 x nappy boxes
1 x wipes
Harry potter box set
Black and red liquorice
Tripod
Fly boots (returning)
Rocket dog boots
Melissa and Doug lace up beads and play dough

Ouch!! Admittedly I haven't even looked at today's deals!

FudgeyCookie Sat 24-Nov-12 10:25:06

I'm going to go for the Emeli Sande CD today.. Mum mentioned after they had all gone yesterday that she would like it for christmas! hmm so today's the day!

Did you manage to get one Fudgey?

Just had another delivery! It's my water filter smile Good job I didn't go out today.

ImpYCelyn Sat 24-Nov-12 10:50:03

Well I managed to cancel the Wheely Pig. I'd love it, but it's a bit much. I also cancelled my Ice watch and the PS3 game I ordered - I don't really have time to play anymore. And I'm returning my Fly boots, Yodel are coming to get them on Monday sad

So I got: wipes x2
nappies x3
Scuttlebug - DS2's b'day
Singing train - DS2's Xmas
Fisher Price wheelies - DS1's Xmas
Trunki
Le Creuset
GRR Martin set - DH's Xmas
Hugh FW - my Xmas present from Nan
Battlestar Galactica - my Xmas present from DH

It's blooming loads, but at least it means no more present buying, and the nappies etc should keep us sorted for quite a while. The Le Creuset and the Trunki were the real splurge items.

I'm not going anywhere near there today just a quick check for Melissa and Doug beads

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now