Amazon Black Friday Day 2! Bargains and Banter!

(394 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 20-Nov-12 07:32:41

Morning fellow Black Friday Bargain Finders!

What are we looking at today?

chocolateicecream Tue 20-Nov-12 09:24:31

I am on the waiting list for the Where's The Meerkat book. So how does this work, new to Black Friday deals??

SoupDragon Tue 20-Nov-12 09:26:17

If enough people don't check out, you'll get a pop up that invites you to claim it within X minutes.

If someone decides they don't want it anymore and you're on the waiting list, then you may get a box in the top right hand corner by the basket. It'll give you the chance to buy it. It all depends on when you clicked on the waiting list 'cos they will be a queue. Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm rubbish at explaining things!

bagpuss Tue 20-Nov-12 09:27:37

Morning! <<marks place>>

Looking at kindle cases still, and that le creuset although the colour still isn't right. Have sent dh the link just in case he wants to buy it for me grin.

Or just what SoupDragon said, in much fewer words than me grin

SoupDragon Tue 20-Nov-12 09:29:34

grin

SoupDragon Tue 20-Nov-12 09:30:59

I am looking at the "volt" cajon thingy - the union jack box. It seems to be a drum but I'm thinking at the right price it would be a cool stool for DS1's bedroom which has a red/white/blue theme going on.

Arithmeticulous Tue 20-Nov-12 09:31:48

I got one of those watches last year, it was about £6-7 in the end I think. The purse was alright, I suppose, the watch looked a bit cheap and the necklace was not worth it. If I'd paid full price I'd be upset.

chocolateicecream Tue 20-Nov-12 09:32:38

Cheers, that explains it smile.

Right, there's nothing I want 'til 12.45 so I'm going to get cracking with some wrapping and keep looking to see if anything else pops up

SoupDragon Tue 20-Nov-12 09:37:37

Arithmeticulous, yes, I had figured at £14.99, full price, quality wouldn't be high. I suspect she will lose it or break it in a short space of time anyway. I will think about it.

bagpuss Tue 20-Nov-12 09:38:09

Kindle case for dd1 bought blush.

Tortoise Tue 20-Nov-12 09:41:43

I want the disney lets dance for DDs.
Would love one of the ice watches but not an essential purchase!
Love the look of fly boots!
And the mens cat vinson boots!
But i will not be buying any boots!!

Tortoise Tue 20-Nov-12 09:42:53

Alarm setting is a good idea but sometimes they add items and times change. The Disney lets dance said 1.44 this morning but its 1.59 now.

BTW, if you want that purple watch and you've bought something off Amazon before (not sure what you have to buy though) and you've had an email off them saying you have 'qualified for a £10 promotional gift certificate to spend on selected Amazon Fashion.'

add watch to basket, go to checkout and the £10 discount is applied, so it's £20.

Sorry again if it makes no sense, just wanted to write it down quick before they all went.

Right, back to the wrapping for 5 mins

Arithmeticulous Tue 20-Nov-12 09:51:33

Thanks for that - it does make sense! I had put it in my basket but was dithering over £30, another tenner off makes it much better grin

SoupDragon Tue 20-Nov-12 09:55:54

My email says the minimum is £40 to get the £10 off though

smile Glad to have helped.

Mine did too, but if you go to the checkout it should go to £20. It did for me.

Arithmeticulous Tue 20-Nov-12 09:58:49

It worked, I'm not going to be too worried - I think it's because it goes through at the original price, then they add the discount so it looks like a bigger discount than it really is and in this case, because the original price is >£40, then they add the other fashion discount as well. So the price says something like
Cost: £56
P&P: £0
Discount: Black Friday -£26
Discount: Fashion -£10
Total: £20

SoupDragon Tue 20-Nov-12 10:00:25

Fabulous!

Rosa Tue 20-Nov-12 10:01:03

Oh bugger got the Ipad waterproof cover ...So thats Dh present from the dds sorted.. I resisted the ice watch and am now stepping away .. Black Friday is bad news.....

If you are on the wait list stay by the computer. Yesterday I waitlisted for 2 of the Melissa and Doug items. The box came up that one became free so I waited 10 mins to see if the other came up , it diddn't so I topped up hmm to get free delivery ( I am abroad) and then after a further 15 mins the other one came up ... By then I was away from the computer ( good thing) so I missed it !

Did it work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now