What are you getting your DH for Christmas?

(114 Posts)

I can't think of anything original sad

Have got him little stocking fillers and the usual stuff, smellies, etc, but I usually get him a main present too, and I just can't think of anything I've not done before.

Tell me your wonderful ideas please so I can steal them smile

soontobeburns Thu 15-Nov-12 21:42:40

Me and my OH are both on benefits so not much this year :-(

I gorgeous him a 2nd hand game for ps3 (I love bargains never pay full price for anything)

A pair of jeans and a calender with pictures of us (we both still live with our parents so he likes wee things of us)

That's it but it is his birthday soon so I got him Thin Lizzy tickets

He's getting me a new engagement ring as the stone fell out of my last one.

rempy Thu 15-Nov-12 21:44:27

Umm..... a bottle of eco chain oil??

(But - we are going to Paris on the Eurostar for a weekend without children!!!!)

DewDr0p Thu 15-Nov-12 22:16:20

Bradley Wiggins' autobiography
Olympics DVD
potato ricer (bit random I know but he genuinely wants one lol)
a scarf
sweets and choc

Shodan Thu 15-Nov-12 22:22:49

Potato ricers are FAB, you know.

I am a recent convert grin

fuzzpig Fri 16-Nov-12 09:34:16

As I finally found an affordable one on ebay, I am also giving DH the game Risk Express (a dice version of Risk which he hardly ever gets to play as it's 3-player and I'm shit at it!) - been looking for it for years!

I've got loads for him but it's also our anniversary next month and his birthday in January so I'll just divide it up somehow.

AngryFeet Fri 16-Nov-12 09:36:16

I got him a rare book by Derren Brown called Pure Effect. He loves all that stuff and loved Derrens last book.

Isla77 Fri 16-Nov-12 23:02:08

A pair of decent walking boots as they are his favourite footwear and his current ones are very old indeed (!), a boxed set of DVD's that he has been wanting for a while, a new dressing gown and an Amazon voucher so he can order some books for his Kindle. I am also doing him a goodie bag with a DVD, booze, a bag of nuts and a very large chocolate bar for a movie night at home. He will love all of these things although they are not very exciting as far as I am concerned.

happypotamus Sat 17-Nov-12 15:27:15

A subscription to New Scientist magazine, which I get him every year.
Probably some clothing/ equipment for his trip to climb a Swiss mountain for charity next summer.
Maybe some clothes. Someone upthread said their DH doesn't buy himself new clothes until the old ones fall into holes. My DH's clothes fall into holes but he still wears them anyway.
I don't know what else. He's a pain to buy for and it's birthday a month later.
I am considering the Harry Potter tour for either Christmas or birthday but don't know how feasible it is with travelling and either taking DD or persuading someone to look after her.

Soditall Sat 17-Nov-12 15:33:47

I've bought my husband Clothes,2 pairs of trainers,Calvin klein boxers,aftershave,toiletries,PJ's,bits to do with the Football team he supports,magazine subscription and a driving experience.

Just need to get him some stocking fillers now.

anja1cam Sat 17-Nov-12 21:35:29

Thanks Noren the link to beerbods has saved all my problems with difficult-to-buy-for men!!!

joanofarchitrave Sat 17-Nov-12 21:57:22

This year, a book I know he wants. We've got a limit of £5 (which I would prob be able to keep to if I bought it on Amazon, but I'm boycotting them). When I don't know what to buy guys, I tend to go for 'experiences' which sometimes work and sometimes don't.

Does he like history? What about English Heritage membership? It's a bit more macho than National Trust - more freezing cold castles and ruins, less pot pourri. Not if he feels strongly about being charged to enter national monuments that belong to us collectively anyway, but maybe that's just my family.

BlueGuinefort Sat 17-Nov-12 22:33:55

Quite pleased with this year's offerings (and all for about £130ish total):

A Fatface jumper

A stellarscope

A ukulele (and tuner)

A sausage-making class (Groupon bargain)

A spiral-bound AA road atlas <<exciting>>

Dickens at Christmas book

Hugo DVD

Some coffee

and a Montezuma Small bar Organic Chocolate library

BlueGuinefort Sat 17-Nov-12 22:34:34

Oh, and some spice kits

McKayz Sun 18-Nov-12 07:28:53

I've got DH an Xbox and a load of games. I'll be getting him some Lego too and might look at that BeerBods thing too.

dustyhousewithdustypeople Sun 18-Nov-12 08:04:27
DizzyPurple Sun 18-Nov-12 08:59:47

Some fab ideas here Thanks! Rather like the beer bods idea. Also the flame colour changing thing - perfect for my brother in law with his wood burning stove thing he adores!

Dh is getting a magazine subscription and a onezie!

fuzzpig Sun 18-Nov-12 10:53:14

Ooh what kind of onesie?

I have a feeling DSDs might get one for each of us as a joke. I actually kind of want one. DH will probably threaten to disown me if I wear it grin

Next have some decent mens ones in. I have asked for one from DH but he is unawares that he is getting one too. I have visions of us all sitting round Christmas Day evening in our onezies, with 1yr old dd in hers too, watching christmas movies.

hjtunny Sat 24-Nov-12 13:04:22

Noren thank you for the tip on Beerbods, I think that's my Dad & StepDad sorted, always difficult to buy for!

Beerbods for my Dad too, I think. Thanks smile

LillethTheCat Sat 24-Nov-12 18:58:07

PS Vita.

buzzgirly Sun 25-Nov-12 07:12:30

This is a great thread. It's giving me lots of ideas which is great, as I am spectacularly bad with DH's Xmas present. Last year he bought me an ipad and I got him tracksuit bottoms blush

So this year I am doing a little Santa sack with bits like boxers, socks and his main present is golf lessons. I will look into the beerbods which sounds fantastic!

Lavenderhoney Sun 25-Nov-12 07:53:39

Books and maybe a digital photo frame. He said he doesn't want anything ( we are saving ) but I think it's nice for the kids to see us exchange something.

I have mentioned I am out of perfume and put the empty bottle on the side with a loud " oh it's empty and I really like this one best"

Here's hopingsmile

Bertrude Sun 25-Nov-12 08:22:48

Mine has a stocking which the ladies on here have assisted me on compiling, plus I got him a shirt because it was nice.

His stocking has:
a lump of charcoal
cufflinks
pair of socks
pair of pants
logic puzzle thing
angry birds knex set
rubber duck
Hot Wheels Porsche 911 (his two best mates both have 911s, and he has to settle for a work's 4x4 as he works on building sites, and drive me Z4 when he wants to play sports cars with the boys)
Chocolate coins
Some turtle wax for his head bald bastard
A hat
A 250ml bottle of dishwasher vodka if I can find some Everton mints as they're his favourite - will search the supermarket tonight!
A Cigar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now