What is dishwasher vodka and, is it a good gift?

(247 Posts)
lighthousekeeping Wed 07-Nov-12 20:26:43

I've seen it come up on here before but I can't work out what it is. Can you get away with using the cheap stuff?

MaltesersR4LifenotJust4Xmas Sun 09-Dec-12 07:49:25

I added a full bag of the fun size bars! I'll maybe take melt one more mars with cream and add that?

aimingtobeaperfectionist Sun 09-Dec-12 08:05:46

A full bag for 1L? Why not take a little bit and add cream, see what happen so you're not risking the entire lot?

MaltesersR4LifenotJust4Xmas Sun 09-Dec-12 14:11:45

Yeah a full bag, I think I will try a little bit of it with cream and fingers crossed it thickens!

KrisMoose Sun 09-Dec-12 17:20:48

OMG!!!

aimingtobeaperfectionist Mon 10-Dec-12 18:40:34

Terry's chocolate orange is on offer buy 1 get 2 free in tesco. I've just made my first batch and it's amazing AND there was a little left over for me to save!

TheFutureMrsB Tue 11-Dec-12 21:28:56

I am going to Asda tomorrow especially for Vodka, cream, mars bars and werthers! Bad thread! grin

RacHoHoHog Tue 11-Dec-12 22:11:30

Is it possible to do this with peach scnapps? I was thinking cherry drops would.be nice?

IAmOptimusPrime Wed 12-Dec-12 10:59:08

I've just finished rhubarb and custard vodka. I used 2 bags of sainsburys sweets 1/4 bags and probably about a third of a big bottle of Smirnoff and it is lovely.

This website has lots of ideas, some are crazy!
http://highproofspirit.com/infuse/category/infused-vodka/

MissCellania Wed 12-Dec-12 11:05:08

Am I too late to make a fruit vodka now? I was going to do a sweets one so wasn;t hurrying, but I picked up some cheap raspberries and blackberries yesterday and wanted to make that. Checking recipes though, they say to leave for months?
Any advice?

AmberLeaf Wed 12-Dec-12 11:29:42

Anyone else sampled a bit too much and needs to make some more for xmas gifts? blush

IAmOptimusPrime Wed 12-Dec-12 17:07:27

MissCellania why don't you mash the fruit up a bit, add some sugar and shake it every so often. I expect a week would be ok, the just strain it through a muslin or coffee filter. I bet it would still be lovely.

ok I have bottle of toffee vodka on the go - no dishwasher. I put the bottle in a jug of hot water which helped disolve some of the fodder but but now I have big block glued to the bottom of the bottle sad its only been a couple days. i keep shaking. will it work out ok????? Eek grin

that should be toffee not fodder grin

MissCellania Thu 13-Dec-12 13:07:30

Ok, another question. I wanted to make turkish delight vodka, but I can't get the real sugar dusted turkish delight anywhere. Do you think the chocolate turkish delight bar would work?

my toffee vodka keeps separating as well as not disolving much sad

MulledPinot Fri 14-Dec-12 09:23:45

Mine too, prudence.

juniperdewdrop Fri 04-Jan-13 02:28:24

I just made some berry fruit jelly vodka. No dishwasher so I'll just keep shaking it. Sounds like I'll need to filter it too?
I'm going to try some of these ideas though they sound lush.

notapizzaeater Fri 04-Jan-13 19:32:09

Ths year i made choc vodka (horrid) limincello - tastes fab but very sweet and Xmas pud vodka - tastes nice but by heck it's strong

kasbah72 Fri 04-Jan-13 20:41:52

Christmas pud vodka is fantastic when used as a cocktail base with prosecco. Veeeery strong and liquer-like on its own but divine as a mixer!

Scout19075 Sat 05-Jan-13 00:37:47

Does infused vodka only last 1-2 months?!

juniperdewdrop Sat 05-Jan-13 02:24:22

Mine isn't looking that good the vodka's cloudy pink and the jellies still whole.

I'll try skittles next I think with not such good vodka just supermarket's own.

pootros Thu 19-Dec-13 21:47:06

Hallo All,
Am making the Xmas rum - with 5 days to xmas does anyone know if sticking it in the dishwasher will speed up the infusion, as it seems to be doing for the vodkas?
Ta x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now