Countdowners united

(880 Posts)
MamaPizzaChristmasToppings Mon 02-Jan-12 17:16:00

grin

farrowandbawl Sun 27-Oct-13 14:00:28

The Hobbit - part 2.

Other than that and Frozen - it's looks a bit dissapointing this year.

ChestyCoffin Sun 27-Oct-13 14:03:20

Humph I like a good new christmas film sad

How's weather round your parts?

farrowandbawl Sun 27-Oct-13 14:08:31

A bit windy and sunny - nothing out of the ordinary for October.

Hows things your end?

ChestyCoffin Sun 27-Oct-13 14:24:24

Gusty but sunny.

Are you Yorkshire too?

farrowandbawl Sun 27-Oct-13 15:06:53

I am. South Yorkshire. grin

ChestyCoffin Sun 27-Oct-13 15:34:21

East Yorkshire here smile

Sat in the garden, with the wind blow drying my washed hair.

<slattern>

farrowandbawl Sun 27-Oct-13 15:38:56

grin I let my hair drip dry too...unless I'm freezing.

ChestyCoffin Sun 27-Oct-13 17:32:04

<cries>

Dropped I phone earlier and just noticed a crack straight through centre of screen.

Insurance say £50 excess

<cries more>

farrowandbawl Sun 27-Oct-13 17:38:11

Try your local market. Depending on the make of phone it may be cheaper to replace the screen there. There's bound to be a phone stall there that does accessories and repairs.

ChestyCoffin Sun 27-Oct-13 18:28:55

It's an I phone

Would void the apple warranty sad

giraffeseatpineapples Sun 27-Oct-13 18:38:29

Hi seven and all countdowners! Hope you find somewhere yo get your phone fixed chesty, worth shopping around for a price I think.

Looking forward to christmas films too. I like christmas with the kranks, scrooged, muppets christmas carol, serendipity, flintstones christmas, pretty much any really grin Actually I dont really like polar express...

farrowandbawl Sun 27-Oct-13 19:03:43

Apple warranties are worth f all. Just get it fixed anywhere.

In future though I can't recommend protect your bubble.com. I've been using them for years and never had any hassle - even when I dropped my ipod in the bath.

SevenOnwardsAndUpwards Sun 27-Oct-13 19:28:38

Thanks for the film recommendations, will check them out.

Gutted about the phone chesty.

Getting really windy here on Suffolk coast.

ChestyCoffin Tue 29-Oct-13 10:00:41

57 sleeps grin

Are we all ok after the storm?

giraffeseatpineapples Tue 29-Oct-13 10:38:26

Pretty tame in London, but quite a few blown down branches in our park, the kids had great fun in the wind yesterday looking out for branches and cordoned off trees is that weird? How about where you are?

farrowandbawl Tue 29-Oct-13 10:41:08

Morning all.

Same as you Chesty, nothing to report thankfully.

farrowandbawl Tue 29-Oct-13 10:45:19

Has anyone else noticed all the Chrsitmas films and Christmas specials on at the moment?

Big Bang Theory Chrsitmas special is on at the moment, there's at least 2-3 Christmas films on those crap film channels, Porridge Christmas Special was on yesterday....

ChestyCoffin Tue 29-Oct-13 12:05:16

Awww I wanna go home and watch christmas programmes sad

American horror tonight

<wooh>

MrsVamos Tue 29-Oct-13 16:45:03

Hello All !

I love Christmas films and specials, I am having to stop myself from watching them on the 'True Movie' channels at the moment, we usually spend the 3 weeks before Christmas in December watching them all !

farrow Debating whether to get me and DH a tablet from CW and the Hudls for the DCs. Tesco's have all colours except purple in stock atm, you can bet come payday they will all be gone ! Be just my luck...

My DD loves the bombs and bath stuff, especially from Lush. M&S in some of their 'outlet' stores have some nice christmas bits, bath salts, etc, at good prices.

I'm anxious to start the shopping now, I want to start to get organised !

I still haven't decided on a tree colour, or whether to get new decs, or just stick with my old faithfuls...I might just get a new tree, and get some new bits to put around the house...

I wanted to get a couple of fabric calendars for the DCs, so that I could put money and other trinkets in, instead of the usual chocolate calendars. Didn't realise how expensive they have got ! shock And please no-one suggest making my own, I am the world's worst at sewing !

I am going to have to start making lists. Otherwise I can see it happening, time will fly, and I will end up going spare ! It seems to go so quickly, I can't believe it's November on Friday !

SevenOnwardsAndUpwards Tue 29-Oct-13 20:55:21

We lost our greenhouse door in the wind, could have been worse though. One of the ladies in our local bank had her car hit by a tree on her way to work, DH saw her afterwards. She was ok but it had smashed the roof in, DH said if it had landed on the front it would have been a different story.

I'd forgotten about Home Alone. We've ordered that as well as Elf and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation so far.

I'm almost done present buying, I aim to be done by the end of October, then I wrap a couple of bits most nights in November, which leaves December free for mince pies and mulled wine grin

ChestyCoffin Wed 30-Oct-13 17:57:44

Seven that's very organised wrapping! Perhaps you could dedicate November to mine?

I almost look forward to wrapping, get the christmas tree lights on and christmas with the Kranks, drag aaaallll the gifts downstairs and wrap 3 and decide I've had enough grin

Have you all seen the thread in chat about poor gransnet member who has gone missing in the French alps? Hope she's found safe and well sad

giraffeseatpineapples Wed 30-Oct-13 20:36:01

Oh hadn't seen about gransnet member sad

seven glad the storm damage wasn't too bad. Having been flippant it turns out my brother's huge apple tree and fences went down in their new house.

Chesty y to the kranks and tree lights on wrapping pressies - have done the same previous years - dp always insists on helping and using his own metjhods which I find annoying, i like to use minimum paper but sometimes it back fires and I have to do patch up jobbie.

MamaPizza Thu 31-Oct-13 08:38:57

<Peeks in>

Hello again, I am so sorry for not posting for a month! October has been manic. Work obviously, then I had my show with my musical society which took away all evenings for a fortnight, on top of this the what was supposed to be only re-do the playroom and DSs room turned out to be a complete re-do of the upstairs including the bathroom. Painting, tiling, laying new floors... DH and I have decided against Christmas presents for each other, instead we are going to treat us to a complete new bedroom furniture set now that it looks so lovely with my violet feature wall. You can see I was busy. What have I missed? Will skim read later, but any news?

I have managed though to find time to buy almost all Christmas presents thanks to amazon, ebay and toys r us. I have gone totally overboard again and spent far too much All that's missing now is the guitar, but I know which one I want and will order it this weekend so it gets sent to school next week after half term to keep the secret from DS.

My only problem first world problem is that I can't decide which colour scheme to go for this year. Will go into the garage later and see what I can find from previous years. Living room won't be done before Christmas as we are busy finishing off the upstairs and broke current colours in the living room are cream and black, so can go with almost anything bar silver I think as it would clash with the cream. Right? Any inspiration? Due to this I haven't bought any wrapping paper or deco yet as I need it to match the tree. Oh dear, this is a proper first world problem hmm

Off to town with a friend later to go stocking filler hunting. That's what's missing now, will probably get loads and then I'm done. Next paycheck is then our bedroom furniture, needed to get the pressies first.

It's a good job I don't have to buy presents for anyone else bar DS, such a relief. He is going to be so spoilt again.

Oh, one more month until Jingle arrives again! Can't wait to start my elf blog again. grin

When are you all getting your tree up? I haven't ordered mine yet, DH thinks it's better to get it delivered on the 6th to be put up on the 7th, I don't know if I can wait that extra week.

SevenOnwardsAndUpwards Thu 31-Oct-13 10:06:31

Our tree won't go up until the 10th or 11th, we have traditi

SevenOnwardsAndUpwards Thu 31-Oct-13 11:23:12

Tradition that we don't put it up until the week after the village lights switch on which is always the first Saturday in December. We're lucky enough to live 5 miles from a Christmas tree farm and have a big car so DH and DS go and choose one from the field.

No scheme, I'm just planning on going completely overboard on decorations. If gone for quite simple wrapping, brown paper with pretty Christmas ribbon for adults, and brightly coloured plain metallic paper for children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now