Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you’ll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Fancy being part of the team? Currently, we have the following positions open.
Mumsnet is embarking on an exciting new project to re-invent our mobile and digital products. We’re keen to find a designer to take on this challenge and create new and beautiful functional cross-platform solutions.
We’re looking for an innovative, talented designer who is enthusiastic about working closely with UX researchers and developers to translate function, usability and brand into beautiful and useful products. We need a friendly and highly creative individual who thrives on rapid iteration and collaboration. Our ideal candidate will be able to balance beauty with function and empathise strongly with the end-user.
Most of our visitors use mobile and tablet devices and therefore you will need a lot of experience with mobile and app design. You’ll work closely and collaboratively with our product development team, researchers and developers and be able to communicate effectively to all stakeholders.
As the chief designer for our app and mobile products you’ll have the chance to develop your skills and take ownership of the creative process. This is a unique opportunity to innovate within a dynamic well established organisation and to bring about positive change for a large vibrant community of users.
You will be our lead designer organisation wide and translate and shape the Mumsnet brand presence on mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Participating in the planning, design, and evaluation of user interfaces and user experience concepts
- Deliver incredible interaction designs from initial concept through to launch and evaluation of success
- Understand, translate and develop the Mumsnet brand
- Design and collaboratively develop interactive prototypes to inform user research and technical scoping
- Champion user centered design methodologies and work closely with UX researcher
- Produce high quality graphic assets for use in development and production
- Provide creative input to the team including ideation and discovery stages
- Degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience as a designer for mobile, tablet and web
- Highly skilled with Adobe creative suite and keenness to explore new ways of designing for mobile
- Strong portfolio of beautiful apps with incredible visual communication with at least one app to market
- Sharp eye for detail in design and UI implementation
- Exceptional understanding of visual and interaction design principles
- Up to date on the latest design trends in the mobile technologies and an eager follower of design blogs and communities
- Enjoy sharing your inspiration and ideas with the team and stakeholders
- Experience with mobile, tablet and App design in both Android and iOS and on mobile responsive sites
- Awareness of the App Store, Google Play store and mobile standards of design
- An understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and current web & mobile technologies would be an advantage
- High proficiency in designing icons, use of typography and colour
Salary range: Competitive
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com
We're looking for an enthusiastic and driven Insight and Innovation Manager for a period of maternity cover (with potential to become a permanent position afterwards).
This is a really exciting opportunity to work across a breadth of projects for a wide range of high calibre clients. We are on the look out for someone who can manage their own time, but also lead and inspire the team that they will be running, in addition to overseeing all Insight projects. You'll be running qualitative and quantitative research projects with an emphasis on project management, and you’ll be excited by the prospect of growing the Mumsnet Innovation proposition.
The role is full-time and based in (the busy and friendly) Mumsnet Towers in Kentish Town NW5. We're looking for someone with research and innovation experience who is looking for a varied role in a fast paced environment. No parenting experience required!
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're on the hunt for a seasoned - especially in mobile and tablets - UX researcher to create fantastic user experiences across the entire Mumsnet brand.
We need a friendly and smart individual who will champion user experience throughout the organisation and inspire change.
Our ideal candidate will empathise strongly with the end-user, have a robust knowledge and understanding of a wide range of user research techniques and identify what our users need through exploring their behaviour and motivations.
As the sole dedicated UX researcher this is a unique opportunity for you to shape strategy organisation-wide and bring about positive change for a large, vibrant community of users.
- Work closely and collaboratively with our product development team, designers and developers and be able to communicate effectively to all stakeholders
- Plan and implement creative ways to collect and analyse user behaviours that will inform the design of key product features
- Translate business and user requirements into meaningful interactive experiences, taking big ideas and working collaboratively to evolve them into usable features
- Determine the appropriate level and type of user research, concept testing, and usability testing
- Conduct user research and testing including user interviews, remote user testing, analytics research and heuristic evaluations
- Translate research findings into creative concepts and functional components
- Clearly articulate your solutions to internal stakeholders
- Design the information architecture and interaction behaviour for new features and functionality – through the use of workflows, sitemaps, wireframes etc
- Collaboratively develop prototypes for evaluation of concepts
- Develop and communicate detailed user experience specifications for use by development and test teams
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical experience
- Three to five years' relevant work experience integrating user research into product designs
- Successful track record researching, developing and designing mobile and app experiences
- Knowledge of a wide range of UX research methods and techniques and strong understanding on application in the product development cycle
- MS degree in human-computer interaction, computer science, statistics, psychology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive experience with mobile design, app design in both Android and iOS, product design, web technology and standards and accessibility
- Proficiency in a variety of wireframing and prototyping tools (Axure for example)
- Excellent analytical ability, especially with regard to user behaviour
- Strong oral and written communication skills; can present findings concisely and effectively.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
If you'd like to be more involved with Mumsnet, and our users, consider becoming one of our Local editors and running your own local site. You can find out more about this role here.