Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - Guess what we were doing this time last year

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 13-Feb-13 21:30:34
BigPigLittlePig Wed 13-Feb-13 21:37:58

brew

Hello new thread... Great title!

daisychain76 Wed 13-Feb-13 21:51:25

Could‘ve added “...and aren‘t now“ !

Pikz Wed 13-Feb-13 21:53:37

As its sweary Wednesday still...

Fucking!

Donnadoon Wed 13-Feb-13 21:59:44

wine

zcos Wed 13-Feb-13 22:48:50

daisy and pikz like!
My conception date was actually march 5th pretty sure! Dh was v ill bordering on pneumonia (that's what the Dr said ... Notdh being all man flu about a cold) I made him do it! We had been trying for over a year!

Passmethecrisps Wed 13-Feb-13 23:06:02

Fuck bastard balls
just extracated myself from a FF vs BF thread

ChunkyChicken Wed 13-Feb-13 23:20:59

Marking spot...

zcos Wed 13-Feb-13 23:25:02

which one pass?

ValiumQueen Thu 14-Feb-13 00:06:06

Exactly a year ago I said to DH yeah, were fine. Nowhere near ovulation, then half way through the deed thought, hang on, uh oh! My maths was out as this little bundle of wonderfulness shows.

PurplePidjin Thu 14-Feb-13 02:23:56

brew

BagofFuckingWrathfulCats Thu 14-Feb-13 02:28:44

I'm pretty sure that I was feeling unwell this time last year...

zcos Thu 14-Feb-13 06:32:46

can't even remember the 14th last year think I was quite down from a year of trying! sad
anyone else giving up anything for lent? I usually don't but dh does and is v good at it has given up coffee, chocolate etc other years this year he is giving up facebook!
I am giving up eBay! I really have an addiction to it yes I have gotten bargains but its gone too far! sad

kirrinIsland Thu 14-Feb-13 06:54:18

Marking place

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Thu 14-Feb-13 07:18:49

Ha ha, great thread title. This time last year I was stressed to fuck. Was trying to finish someone else's deal when we went on holiday. I spent the whole week away working while DH and DD played and had fun. Then the same week I learned my sacrifice was in vain as I hadnt been promoted, so thought I might as well have another baby. Within a week I began to query whether this was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, but it was already too late!

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 08:39:27

I know what I was doing last year grin.

Good job I did! I got the best thing ever. Who is currently stood up leaning on me. Peering in my face grinning away. He is proud he is keeping himself stood up but using just his hands.

I on the other hand am alarmed at recent events.

ThankfulBagofPeacefulCats Thu 14-Feb-13 08:41:41

Love the way you blow up the threads detective grin

ValiumQueen Thu 14-Feb-13 08:47:36

I am thankful for frozen mashed potato.

I am thankful DD2 is at nursery.

I am thankful J is in a fairly good mood despite being full of mucus.

I am thankful DH got the girls up and let me sleep until 7.30.

I am thankful I am not throwing up (poor MM )

I am thankful J is my last and I will never have to repeat the last 16 weeks.

I am thankful I found you guys thanks

I am thankful DH can drive, but miss my car.

fruitpastilles Thu 14-Feb-13 08:47:41

Good morning new thread! I'm pretty sure S was conceived on the 27th dp's birthday, he must have been getting a birthday treat haha!
I am thankful that I have a placid baby who loves her sleep!

kissyfur Thu 14-Feb-13 08:48:17

Love the thread title, don't think we conceived our little bundle til after valentines, don't even remember what we did last year for it but my memory is pretty terrible!

As its thankful Thursday...

I'm thankful we have a big bed as DD1 ended up sharing it last night as she had a nightmare and woke at 2am crying! Poor little love

I'm thankful for DP, who obviously sneakily visited a florist yesterday as I found a lovely bunch of red roses downstairs smile

And I'm thankful for my 2 gorgeous girls, who hopefully will be less screamy today!

BigPigLittlePig Thu 14-Feb-13 08:48:22

This time last year I was counting down the days til I got married smile. LO was conceived on April Fools day (also won a tenner on the lottery that day, so a success all round).

I am thankful for LO sleeping in her own bed until 4.30, admittedly with cardigan and extra blankets on. I am thankful for my little family even if sometimes some of us mostly me can be a pain.

detective - ka-fucking-boom - love it!
pass I saw that thread yesterday, did it get a bit argumentative??

ChunkyChicken Thu 14-Feb-13 08:56:01

Unfortunately, this time last yr, I was bleeding heavily after a BFP a couple of wks before sad BUT we made DS at the end of the month, so its all good grin

I am thankful for being able to stream live TV cBeebies to my iPad so I can leave both dc, one asleep, in my room while I shower.

You know you have a slightly reflux-y baby when you've gone through 3 muslins & he's on his 3rd outfit by 8.40am...

I'm thankful DH is taking the car to get a new tyre & then bringing it back for me!! smile

Thechick Thu 14-Feb-13 08:56:06

Actually, this post might be more apt to this thread. This day last year I got my first period after a mc in Jan. I was so happy that we could start trying again. Was very lucky that it happened straight away.
Zcos I'm giving up sugar and butter. I joined weight watchers yesterday. Could someone let me know the weight loss thread please.

ThankfulBagofPeacefulCats Thu 14-Feb-13 08:58:25

Ooo pass, do share. I find it interesting that us Nov 12 lot are incredibly supportive and kind to each other when it seems sometimes that the rest of MN is a bit of a war zone. Women can be terribly unpleasant to each other about very emotive subjects sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.