help air raid siren every two hours

(12 Posts)
littleredmonkey Mon 11-Feb-13 11:08:37

Hoping to get some words of wisdom to help my little fella nap. He is 18 weeks and sleeps from 7:30 till 4 or 5 every night and self settles. Day time is a different baby. He needs to nap every couple of hours. Yawns and rubs his eyes. I have tried him when I first see his signals after a few minutes but it makes no difference. He won't drop off to sleep on his own tried that. I have to rock him sometimes takes ages and get him wailing in my ear. The place he naps is the same the room is dim. I have run out of ideas. All welcome please it is getting very soul destroying having a air raid siren going off every two hours

lucidlady Mon 11-Feb-13 11:38:36

Blimey OP that sounds stressful. Where are you - not in the UK I take it? Have you tried white noise to try and drown out the sirens?

lucidlady Mon 11-Feb-13 11:39:13

Oh sorry I think you mean the baby is the siren?!

Madlizzy Mon 11-Feb-13 12:30:44

My lot napped downstairs in a travel cot until they were around 6 months old. I'd hoover round them and just generally carry on. They seemed to like me just being there. Might be worth a try?

ZuleikaD Mon 11-Feb-13 16:13:14

Feed him to sleep?

valiumredhead Mon 11-Feb-13 22:50:46

Feed and cuddle him to sleep? He is tiny still, nothing wrong with doing that.

littleredmonkey Tue 12-Feb-13 08:58:53

Thanks ladies will try your tips x

ZuleikaD Tue 12-Feb-13 14:22:40

Any luck with feeding him to sleep for naps today?

pleasethanks Tue 12-Feb-13 14:54:26

I ended up starting feeding my DD to sleep for naps when she was about 12 weeks old and I could barely get her to nap any other way. I had resisted doing it as all the books said don't get into bad habits etc etc etc. I was a first time mum and I was totally clueless (I am not saying all new mums are, but I certainly was!). I have no regrets about doing it and now at 2.5 years old, I can confirm it did not cause a problem!

littleredmonkey Tue 12-Feb-13 18:14:45

Hey zule. Tried feeding him to nap he kept dropping off then wakes up. I have to rock him to sleep. Put him down and he would cry and go for a min or two. So I will continue with my trying to feed

Purplecatti Tue 12-Feb-13 18:41:09

Omg I was about to write a similar thread. Dd is 14 weeks and is generally screaming from 11am until half 6 at night. I've tried feeding, swaddling, white noise, rockibg. NOTHING works. She will do light snoozes in the pram but thats it.
The only difference is she won't sleep more than 3 hours at a time at night.
You are not alone

sparklekitty Tue 12-Feb-13 19:35:43

My now 19 week old has done this for about 3 weeks. Really out of character. Nothing I could do would make her sleep, I ended up rocking with very loud sshhh-ing over the screams. Often took 2 hours to get her to sleep at night.

Fingers crossed she seems to be getting better now although she is still quite restless at night and often feeding every 2 hours. Think its the massive sleep regression/growth spurt/developmental leap around 4 months. Hideous though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now