Homophobic 'vigilante' video appears online

(10 Posts)
ariadneoliver Wed 23-Jan-13 17:12:21

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21142148

Good to see that the mosque has condemned this, worrying stuff though.

MrsDeVere Wed 23-Jan-13 17:44:49

I am fucking fuming. This is in my borough.
Its not just homophobia. They tell women to cover up and people to put their drink away because it is a 'muslim area'

It isn't. It is a very diverse and multicultural area and we have all got along perfectly well thank you very much.

How DARE some jumped up little shit think he can tell women how to dress and a man he looks like a faggot?

I watched this last night on the news and was furious. We have been fighting to keep the knuckle dragging fuckwits, the EDL out of our borough. Just imagine them rubbing their hairy hands together at this!

Just because a few twats think they have to right.

Arrrgggh.

MrsDeVere Wed 23-Jan-13 17:47:19

I see that report says Whitechapel. The report I saw said my borough.

ariadneoliver Wed 23-Jan-13 17:57:44

I think its the same thing moved on to a different borough. Although there has been something like this before in Tower Hamlets.

www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/2011/02/residents-protest-to-fight-anti-gay-posters/

Bloodybridget Thu 24-Jan-13 16:53:33

It is such a mad and weird thing to do - anyone with half a brain cell would realise what a furore it would cause - that I wondered if the "vigilantes" actually wanted to provoke a backlash against Muslims, for who knows what reason. Was pleased to see calm articulate mosque spokesman condemning it.

chipstick10 Thu 24-Jan-13 22:16:57

I am fucking fuming. I would love that flash ignorant twunt to come up to me, he would get a right fucking mouthful.
A man from the Muslim council was speaking on sky news earlier today. He said it wasn't a small group. He said we were blind if we thought it was. He said it was growing and that Muslim leaders should be doing much much more. He said certain mosques were actively condoning this behaviour, mosques funded by foreign money. I think it's quite shocking and very worrying.

thezebrawearspurple Thu 24-Jan-13 23:28:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Nancy66 Fri 25-Jan-13 12:47:08

....chances are that they were born here. So this is their home country.

PigletJohn Fri 25-Jan-13 12:56:22

But if they want to live in an intolerant country...

ariadneoliver Sat 26-Jan-13 16:13:35

Hopefully the police will pursue this the courts can at least punish this sort of behaviour: www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/10186457.___I_will_kill_everyone__screams_antisocial_behaviour_mediator_during_homophobic_attack/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now