NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Win £100 worth of children's books in our World Book Day costumes photo competition

(104 Posts)
ShadeMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 14-Feb-13 17:45:52

It's World Book Day on March 7. What inspired (or desperate) costume feats have you pulled off in the past? Post your pictures (old or new) here and on Fri 15 March we'll put all the entries into a pot and pluck one out. The winner will receive £100 worth of books from World Book Day authors.

If you are stuck for ideas visit our World Book Day costume page for some great Mumsnetter suggestions.

Bubbles2002 Mon 18-Feb-13 11:11:43

This is my little one as Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We love Roald Dahl so it was great fun being able to order the special bars of chocolate off Ebay to add to the costume.

Bubbles2002 Mon 18-Feb-13 11:13:17

This is my little one as Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We love Roald Dahl so it was great fun being able to order the special bars of chocolate off Ebay to add to the costume.

insertsomethingwitty Mon 18-Feb-13 13:32:38

My little girl wants to be a Spanish dancer just like Lola in Lola's Fandango.

polkettle Tue 19-Feb-13 12:54:04

We LOVE world Book Day. This is our Willy Wonka costume for this year (awaiting an iron)

polkettle Tue 19-Feb-13 13:00:17

...and this is big brother's How to Train Your Dragon Hiccup costume from last year...

This is DD as Thistle, the fairy from The Dolls House Fairy. I thought I had an easy ride when DD declared that to be her favourite book (fairies are easy, right?), but Thistle, on closer inspection, is not just any fairy hmm - so I ended up making costume from scratch.

2 years later (school only dress up for WBD every 4 years, so this is the last one I did) she has just used the skirt as part of a butterfly costume for a play, which made me feel better.

Crumpets Tue 19-Feb-13 14:57:27

Here is Max, King of the Wild Things. He's going to be very hot on WBD. His godmother made this costume for him.

DebbieBirchall Tue 19-Feb-13 17:08:56

This is a picture of my boys Tom and Charlie dressed up as Roo from Winnie the Pooh (Charlie) and the ladybird (Tom) from 'What the Ladybird Heard' by Julia Donaldson. They looked super cute but then I am biased!

littleboo21 Thu 21-Feb-13 20:05:22

My daughter Roo, dressed as Little Miss Muffet

Gallette Thu 21-Feb-13 21:05:53

Here's my husband just about to take our Son to Pre-School for Dress as a Pirate (or Princess) Day.

hazeyjane Thu 21-Feb-13 21:09:45

Dd1 and 2 as Eloise and Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

kidshurt Fri 22-Feb-13 13:58:13

My ds as where's wally last year!

TheSmallPrint Mon 25-Feb-13 18:32:21

My DS as Fantastic Mr Fox.

DS as Mr Bump.

Blatherskite Thu 28-Feb-13 13:19:28

The Incredible Book Eating Boy is a harder one to do than you think!

He also had some exercise books with teeth marks cut out to take with him.

GreySquirrel Thu 28-Feb-13 16:12:32

DD as Violet Baudelaire from a few years ago!

chereel Thu 28-Feb-13 20:06:05

This is my little girl who went as The Very Hungry Caterpillar last year!

Divanomoremegadivaitsme Thu 28-Feb-13 22:14:56

here is my daughter with her 'room on the broom' costume

feetheart Thu 28-Feb-13 22:57:51

DD and her best friend in 2009
Currently working on a Roly Poly bird costume for next week smile

Trinski Thu 28-Feb-13 23:05:29

Not sure if it has to be a costume for world book day, but here's me with DH and DD in a nativity scene. My step-daughter was given a school project to research the nativity and present her findings anyway she liked. Of course she wanted a live action film. What would have been wrong with a few bullet points and a picture?

aristocat Fri 01-Mar-13 00:17:35

This is my two as Harry Potter and Hermione. I made the cloaks - black with a red lining and the magic wands were from twigs.

trinculo Fri 01-Mar-13 09:16:50

Decided he wanted to be a character from the Harry Potter books. 'Easy enough!' thought I. 'Can I be Fawkes the phoenix, please?' Ah... Don't know what JK Rowling would have thought, but DS was very happy with the result.

JenniferHelen Fri 01-Mar-13 13:25:01

My DS was a very excited, animated Pumpkin Boy last October. In fact he wore the hat all day, and had the red ring around his forehead to prove it 24 hours later!

badtemperedaldbitch Fri 01-Mar-13 18:47:27

here is fantastic mrs fox......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now