Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Help!!!! I've accidentally deleted a post and can't work out how to retrieve it

(8 Posts)
PigeonPairNell Fri 07-Dec-12 11:54:46

I'm a newbie (using blogger) and was tinkering with an old post, when it disappeared (I used cntrl Z to undo an edit, but that just deleted everything instead). In panic I pressed 'revert to draft', which just saved the blank page....now I can't find the old post. I haven't backed up as I couldn't work out how to do that either.....what an idiot.

Can anyone help?

Nell

MerryLindor Sat 08-Dec-12 23:04:16

It has been a while. Did you work it out? I know someone who is a whizz with Blogger, let me know and I will point her in this direction

PigeonPairNell Sun 09-Dec-12 21:54:00

No, I didn't sad. I'd love it if you pointed the blogger whizz towards me! Thanks...checking out your blog now!

PigeonPairNell Sun 09-Dec-12 22:07:42

Just had a quick look at jumpmag and anatomy of a twitterstorm - am I confused, or are they both yours? How fantastic that jumpmag exists. My daughter's 9 months old and I fear for her future....

MerryLindor Mon 10-Dec-12 12:20:04

The Storify isn't mine - it was done by someone unconnected.

Will give Blogger expert a headsup

L

MerryLindor Mon 10-Dec-12 12:20:58

Oh, and glad you like jump! Mag. Please pass on to anyone who you think would enjoy it.

Typecast Mon 10-Dec-12 13:16:59

the short answer is "no, you can't retrieve it".

If you delete something by mistake whilst editing there is a "back" button on the blogger dashboard that looks like an arrow curling to the left. If you "save" a draft it will save the version you have on the page.

Sorry - that's probably not the answer you were looking for. Do you have a copy of the post anywhere? You can set your blog to email all posts to you when you publish them - this means that at least you can copy them back if you delete them by mistake in future.

http://www.geekalicious.co.uk/2012/09/how-to-back-up-your-blogger-blog.html#axzz2Eb8n5sEi

PigeonPairNell Mon 10-Dec-12 20:45:10

Thanks very much Typecast! I did fear that I wouldn't be able to retrieve it. But now I know how to avoid doing the same thing in the future....

MerryLindor, I've just shared (via facebook) your Jumpmag post about the dreadful card.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now