Poxy Cocktail Sausages

(97 Posts)
Popsie3 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:38:56

Was at a Childs Birthday party with my ds, We don't eat sausages purely because they are full of utter crap, At the buffet my ds doesn't even go to pick up a sausage as we never eat them so fills plate up with other things but some other Mums at the party question me so I explained we don't eat them, Unbeknown to me whilst my ds is in the other room another mum says to him 'Quick don't tell your mum but I've got a sausage for you', and hands one to him. AIBU to watch to question her on this when I see her next and/or punch her in the face

YABU

But then, you know that.

idshagphilspencer Sat 16-Feb-13 19:40:58

Oh unclench ffs

gordyslovesheep Sat 16-Feb-13 19:41:11

yabu and a bit deranged

HollyBerryBush Sat 16-Feb-13 19:42:07

Please punch her - I'd love to read the DM headlines on that story when you get convicted of assault.

Bubblegum78 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:43:52

I would explain why you don't eat certain things (not that you have to) tell her it is your choice what your child eats, not hers so butt out!

For the record not all sausages are full of crap, there are some amazingly high quality sausages, usually from local butches so it pays to shop around.

I'm happy to pay anywhere up to £10 for a couple of high quality sausages from my local butcher and the same goes for all my meat.

But if you really don't like them, that's up to you. x

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 16-Feb-13 19:44:18

She WBU to deliberately go behind your back and give your kid something you don't want him to eat. However YAOverreacting a bit.

BabyRoger Sat 16-Feb-13 19:44:33

Some mums really 'questioned' you as to why you didn't put one particular item from a buffet on your plate? How weird.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 16-Feb-13 19:45:06

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

catgirl1976 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:45:17

It was probably horse grin

HollyBerryBush Sat 16-Feb-13 19:46:36

Were you doing that loud parnting thing? the "LOOK! Tristram, WE don't eat So WE? no WE dont, because they are full of COWS UDDERS'.

Sometimes I think I must just meet vanilla people, my life is just never this exciting. No one has ever questioned me over a sausage >arf arf<

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 16-Feb-13 19:46:42

£10 for two sausages??

hollly grin

GloryWhole Sat 16-Feb-13 19:47:29

Smash her in the face with a saveloy.

The sneaky sausage loving cunt.

Am furious on your behalf.

I personally wouldn't give a crap what was on anyone's plate. What a strange thing to do. the phrase get a life comes to mind. I'd assume at any party kids would pick what they liked and leave what they didn't

The other parents that is not you

Floggingmolly Sat 16-Feb-13 19:49:46

Why don't you just avoid parties in future? Would you seriously "question her on this next time you see her"?

Meglet Sat 16-Feb-13 19:49:52

yabu. It's a party.

I'm as fussy as they come (organic, free range meat etc) but the kids can eat whatever the hell they like at a party.

Popsie3 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:50:32

How funny that people don't believe me! I explained we don't eat sausages and yes they did ask, nothing precious about not eating cheap cocktail sausages full of rubbish!

I had some fabulous sausages the other day. 90% pork, 10% of combined apple, salt and pepper. No bread, or shite at all. Sadly they were £6.50 for 10 so I shan't be having them again for a while, but bloody lovely they were...

<misses point of thread, wanders off again>

BambieO Sat 16-Feb-13 19:53:32

glory that actually made me LOL

GloriaPritchett Sat 16-Feb-13 19:53:43

Would you eat the dear ones full of rubbish then?

I hope everything else on the table was handreared in a patch tended by fairies and elves, harvested by virgins and cooked by a unicorn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now