What are your favourite in the go snacks?

(14 Posts)
blushingmare Sun 17-Feb-13 17:08:09

Things that you can just grab and go with no preparation. Our's at the moment are breadsticks, rice cakes and dried apricots, but looking for inspiration!

nextphase Sun 17-Feb-13 18:40:25

Bananas
Babybel cheese
banana muffins - make a batch up with half the recommended sugar when you have a load of overripe bananas, and freeze. On your way out, grab a frozen muffin. Will defrost in time to eat a couple of hours later (well, in the summer!)
Yoghurt covered rasins (if old enough)
Other dried fruit - I loved apples and pears as a child.

Dried apples and pears are ace.
You can also get loads of other dried fruits - LO like cherries and sultanas.

cravingcake Thu 21-Feb-13 17:47:23

Goodies cereal bars
Raisins
Cheese strips or babybell - put in cooler part of bag next to water bottle normally so as not to melt or get too warm.
Individual packaged biscuits - these are a real treat and used when going somewhere I need DS quiet or well behaved
Satsuma or mandarin

birdsofshore Thu 21-Feb-13 18:09:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nextphase Thu 21-Feb-13 20:21:01

Not really thought about the sugar content, but yes, they probably are fairly high in the sugar levels!

Mannequinkate Fri 22-Feb-13 11:23:14

Breadsticks

birdsofshore Fri 22-Feb-13 17:24:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

It's not quite like giving Haribo though, dried fruit and yoghurt at least has some nutrients in, Haribo doesn't apart from boiled horse. I always feel like sugar, and to a certain extent salt, gets traded against the benefits of what they are eating.

Also malt loaf - you can get the banana one wrapped in individual bars. Yum and lactose free (last time I checked!).

marzipananimal Tue 26-Feb-13 07:27:41

Dry cereal like shreddies or cheerios

Bananas, breadsticks, organix bars, have just started with Cheerios and plain sultanas (she's 13m)

Oh and rice cakes when they were under a year. Now she's that bit older I think she deserves something that doesn't taste like packing material smile

mamapants Wed 27-Feb-13 09:53:16

Watching with interest as am stumped for convenient food at home and out and about.

UsedToBeAPixie Wed 27-Feb-13 19:01:51

How old for? DS is 29wks and he has rice cakes, cheese sticks and the Organix range of sweetcorn rings etc...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now