Handbags- general thoughts about x body or shoulder

(15 Posts)
Missbopeep Mon 25-Feb-13 20:56:43

Anyone?

Am thinking of Radley Grosvenor and toying with xbody, or shoulder. In the past I have favoured x body bags because shoulder bags slip and need holding all the time or walking with a stiff shoulder! But on the other hand x body can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable.

I really prefer a grab bag with a xbody strap but can't see anything that I really like ( yet) which is under £200.

What's the verdict? This is not for office wear- it's for city shopping and days out mainly.

fedupofnamechanging Mon 25-Feb-13 20:59:12

Personally, I prefer Xbody for shopping days, because they leave my hands free for all the shopping bags!

Missbopeep Mon 25-Feb-13 21:01:33

grin

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 25-Feb-13 21:03:49

I have to use a crossbody as my shoulder permanently aches and I have one slightly higher than the other (one symptom of scoliosis). It hurts more if I hang a bag off it, and I tend to hunch it forward which is not good.

I do find it really hard to find one I like as all the prettiest ones seem to be the wrong type imo.
I currently have a Fossil one which is the style you mentioned, small with a grab handle as well as long strap. It's okay but I don't love it.
I've had quite nice ones from Oushka in the past - will watch thread with interest.

Oh, and Zatchels have some little erm satchels in bright colours - haven't seen them irl so don't know what the quality's like.

Missbopeep Mon 25-Feb-13 21:05:00
Missbopeep Mon 25-Feb-13 21:06:17

why don't the blinking links work ?

Missbopeep Mon 25-Feb-13 21:07:09
ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 25-Feb-13 21:07:40

I noticed these in Banana Republic yesterday - a few different colours but didn't look closely to check the quality.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 25-Feb-13 21:15:05

Did you mean this one?

Or this cross body?

Missbopeep Mon 25-Feb-13 22:03:10

yes smile

JoyceDivision Mon 25-Feb-13 22:29:51

I find the Fossil Keyper bags really useful as they have the across body strap and grab handles

www.amazon.co.uk/Fossil-ZB5125-Key-Per-Crossbody-Ladies/dp/B007ZYS1W8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361831349&sr=8-2

tethersend Mon 25-Feb-13 22:53:35

I have boobs and hate cross body bags. They do this o\O

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Tue 26-Feb-13 07:02:22

They do that to me too but the alternative of more pain and deformity is frankly not worth it. I can't imagine not getting aches and pains from a bag dangling from your shoulder, but I suppose that's because I've been that way for a good 15 years.

JumpHerWho Tue 26-Feb-13 11:12:21

grin Tethers

I have been using crossbodies since DS appeared a year ago, and think ill be sticking to them, not sure I could go back to a shoulder bag. I think they look good, are comfy and practical and shoulder bags actually feel ridiculously uncomfy to me now, and that I'm distorting my shoulder by wearing it.

JumpHerWho Tue 26-Feb-13 11:12:48

I have tiny boobs though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now