So, what do I wear to this?!

(10 Posts)
daddyorchipsdaddyorchips Mon 25-Feb-13 09:08:33

I've been invited to a close friend's small wedding in Italy in May (warmish weather, to set the scene). Neither of them are Italian, but will be doing it in the town hall of a very beautiful town on Lake Como followed by a reception at a hotel on the lake.

I'm thinking summer maxi dress with beautiful accessories. Monsoon/Coast etc? I'm trying to do this on a very small budget as I wasn't expecting to be invited (therefore no money put aside). So could I get something decent enough on eBay?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?

JumpHerWho Mon 25-Feb-13 12:09:22

Sounds like it will be a beautiful wedding!

I don't think I'd personally go with a maxi dress, I think patterned ones look dated and plain ones will look overly bridesmaidy.

If neither are Italian, I presume all the guests will be flying from UK so everyone will be treating it like a bit of a holiday - so I don't think a full-on wedding ensemble would be necessary... hmm.

How about something like a yellow, pink or coral lace shift dress, with strappy sandals? Make the most of the warm weather envy

daddyorchipsdaddyorchips Mon 25-Feb-13 14:34:32

Coral sounds just about right for my colouring, that is definitely a good colour pick. Not sure about showing my legs that early on in the year but a good (subtle) spray tan might remedy that grin

JumpHerWho Mon 25-Feb-13 21:00:37

Love this - any cop?

JumpHerWho Mon 25-Feb-13 21:02:14

this but only if you're teeny

JumpHerWho Mon 25-Feb-13 21:03:33
MrsMc82 Mon 25-Feb-13 21:25:49

Love the Moschino - a bargain too.....

formallyknownasloveydarling Mon 25-Feb-13 21:40:28

This is lovely too
http://m.coast-stores.com/amelie-print-dress/all-clothing/coast/fcp-product/2224814598

daddyorchipsdaddyorchips Mon 25-Feb-13 22:45:13

You're all so good!

I wish I were teeny... But I've got some very good ideas now!

Thanks, all!

daddyorchipsdaddyorchips Mon 25-Feb-13 22:46:32

Blimey that Moschino is a bargain! Unfortunately only size 12 left...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now