Tops for work, large boobs

(31 Posts)
thebestpossibletaste Sat 23-Feb-13 23:04:33

I've just started a new job, desk job with lots of customer contact, so smart but not necessarily blouse and blazer.

I quite like smart jersey tops and usually go for v or scoop necks as I am size 34f bra size and find them quite flattering. I don't wear black although do like white with black pattern.

I've been into town today but couldn't find anything I like. I looked in the usual places but ran out of time and patience!

I usually wear a black or grey knee length skirt or black trousers and maybe grey cardi over if cold.

nextphase Sun 24-Feb-13 17:07:08

Anything on here which takes your fancy? The Jigsaw one might do the job?

thebestpossibletaste Sun 24-Feb-13 19:51:38

Thanks. Quite like the Simone Hobbs top, not the others really.
I don't "do" any flounces or frills, like quite elegant and simple styles.

nextphase Sun 24-Feb-13 21:00:18

The Hobbs one is down to £25 in John Lewis and HoF, in grey and navy.
I quite fancied it, but those are right at the top of my price range - think last week, I ended up crawling round on the floor under the shelving racks! Cheep but cheerful is how I go!

SarkyPants Sun 24-Feb-13 21:04:53

I've recently come to the conclusion that dresses are much more flattering for big boobs. Harder to find ones that fit, but much more flattering if you can. I think the 'cutting in half' thing with skirts/tops really emphasises boobs.

I'll try some links if any of mine are still in stock.

SarkyPants Sun 24-Feb-13 21:10:10
SarkyPants Sun 24-Feb-13 21:15:05
thebestpossibletaste Sun 24-Feb-13 21:24:15

Sarkypants, I like dresses too but struggle to find ones I like. I tend to prefer wrap dresses because the deep v neck flatters my chest. Hope they will be smart enough for work too?

thebestpossibletaste Sun 24-Feb-13 21:25:09

I like the blossom print dress. Would you wear that for work?

SarkyPants Sun 24-Feb-13 21:36:41

I hate wrap dresses. I feel like people meet my boobs first IYKWIM smile

I wear both those to work, but my work is a bit of a free for all she it comes to clothes.

DewDr0p Sun 24-Feb-13 22:51:25

My sister (very well blessed in the boob department) has that blossom print dress, it's lovely and looks smart.

AlisonMoyet Sun 24-Feb-13 22:55:52

i hate wrap dresses

frumptastic and like playtex lift and separate

make tits look enormous

Op you need some shirts or t shirts with a scarf adn blazer - t shirt and blazer same colour

thebestpossibletaste Sun 24-Feb-13 23:21:26

I don't like blouse and scarf combos, too air hostessy wink

Not keen on wearing a blazer either tbh.

AlisonMoyet Mon 25-Feb-13 07:58:19

No. Scarf with a t shirt , loony !!

thebestpossibletaste Mon 25-Feb-13 08:19:24

grin Ah, ok. Still not a big fan of scarves ...

HazleNutt Mon 25-Feb-13 09:04:26

I have several Phase 8 tops, they have some nice scoop necks suitable for office.

thebestpossibletaste Mon 25-Feb-13 10:13:36

Just had a look - quite like this one:

www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight/Tops/Kissing-Birds-Top/301296441

but would it be suitable for work?

Also this one:

www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight/Tops/Georgie-Print-Top/301065001

Aw, that last one is not available in my size.

HazleNutt Mon 25-Feb-13 10:19:37

The bird top might be a bit low cut, what about this neckline:
www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight/Tops/Mazarin-Butterfly-Print-Cowl-Top/301233938

SarkyPants Mon 25-Feb-13 11:58:21

I like that HazleNutt.

SarkyPants Mon 25-Feb-13 11:59:22

... although it looks really odd on the model.

thebestpossibletaste Mon 25-Feb-13 18:39:41

I like that too but wasn't sure if it's smart enough for work. I really struggle to work out what is smart enough ...

I also tend to go for a dress and blazer or a t-shirt and skirt and blazer. Most tops are too low cut (am a teacher) or too high cut so horribly unflattering. Wrap tops/dresses don't flatter me much, if at all. So I just tend to go for v plain, scoop or round neck t-shirts tucked in, blazer over and often a scarf. It looks smart enough and gives a fairly stream-lined look in a way that blouses and tops don't tend to.

thebestpossibletaste Mon 25-Feb-13 19:40:32

Thanks. So looks like dresses or plain top and blazer is the way to go.

I only have one blazer and don't wear black or navy, other than trousers or skirt. Can't really afford lots of blazers either. Not keen on the one I have anymore either tbh, it's very long and grey.

Where do you buy smart plain tshirts and are they cotton ones?

Most of my smart plain T-shirts are from Hobbs. I buy cheapo blazers from H&M and 'nicer' ones from Hobbs sales.

bionic77 Mon 25-Feb-13 20:26:16

Have you tried Pepperberry the clothing bit of Bravissimo? Look online or go in a bravissimo store as they also have a clothing section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now