Mac or parka this season?

(11 Posts)
newbiebaby Sun 03-Feb-13 20:52:01

I have money to buy new coat/jacket for everyday use but not sure what the current trend is? Can anyone help please?

mewkins Sun 03-Feb-13 21:23:06

I think I need both! I have a grey parka thing for child days (waterproof and has a hood, plus has a inside removable bit to make it warmer) but spend my life trying to track down a nice navy fitted mac for work etc. If you find one let me know!
As an interim, warehouse has some nice new season short smart biker jackets.

newbiebaby Sun 03-Feb-13 21:30:05

Thanks mewkins am shopping tomorrow so will let you know on the Mac front! Oasis have done nice navy ones over last few years

Snowkey Sun 03-Feb-13 21:40:38

Think I saw nice navy macs in French Connection

mewkins Sun 03-Feb-13 21:53:44

Ooh thank you!looked on FC website but was mostly still winter stock. I guess more spring stock will be hitting the shops in the next few weeks. M and S autograph did have a lovely showerproof smart trench in...but too long for what I was after and the beige would have washed me out I think

Snowkey Sun 03-Feb-13 21:57:39

FC have a couple on he website - one has a detachable hood and the other is a new arrival, think it was the one i saw in the shop but online it looks like it has 3/4 sleeves. Don't know about short sleeves, too chilly for me. Sorry.

mirpuppet Sun 03-Feb-13 22:07:13

Both.

motherofvikings Mon 04-Feb-13 07:30:48

Mewkins - where's your parka from. It sounds perfect to me! smile

newbiebaby Mon 04-Feb-13 12:12:31

John Lewis have navy macs

DuchessFanny Mon 04-Feb-13 15:47:52

I wish i looked nice in a mac, always look 'funny' on me, because i have big boobs i think - so a parka it is !! definitely still 'in'

mewkins Mon 04-Feb-13 18:09:06

Parka was a bargain buy from Joules. Bought from a garden show in our 'summer'. Probably the most useful item bought last summer as it turned out! I suspect if you wait til late spring they might have some more reductions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now